What's new

have any body heard of this model. Asus RT-AC68A

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

You will only be able to see that info inside the PCB, but your REV only has one PA, it's 5003.

Missing / wrong info:

A1/A2: (BCM 4708)

PA: P100 (First HW Revision)
CPU: 800 MHZ

B1/B2/V2/P: (BCM 4709)

PA: 5003
CPU: 1 GHZ

PA: 5023

PA: 85402

C1: (BCM 4709C0)

PA: 5003

RT-AC1900/P: (BCM 4709C0)

PA: 5003 V2
CPU: 1.4 GHZ

Guys, Im new here. I just bought asus RT68A version c1. When i set it up, will it ask me to update to new version which will cripple firmware? Please respond

Guys, Im new here. I just bought asus RT68A version c1. When i set it up, will it ask me to update to new version which will cripple firmware? Please respond
I don't know what's going on now (it's been a while since the heat of the discussion), but at least what used to be was that there were two kinds of rt68a, one with crippleware and one without. Basically what you need to do is to log into your router and check if there is 3G/4G dongle under USB tools. If not it's crippled. This has nothing to do with updates. Crippleware will update to crippleware and full-function fw will update to full-function fw (at least they used to before). You can always refuse to update the fw even if the system asks you to do so.

my ac68a h/w version C1.

I have a manual update f/w version Version3.0.0.4.380.3831(rt-ac68u)
As a result, operating well .

However, automatic updating can not be guaranteed .

Well I just got mixed up in this MESS. Haha

Purchased a RT-AC1900 (no 'P') specifically because the Wikidev 802.11ac Hardware page said it has the BCM43602 wireless chipset. The box does say Hardware C1 and came with the 3.0.0.4.380.1842 firmware. The CFE is 1.1.1.2 and CPU revision C0 running 2 cores @ 1 GHz.

I knew about the Asus lockdown of firmware and didn't upgrade it with the newer stock, but immediately put Merlin 380.59 on it and it runs fine.

I used the 'dmesg' command and it shows BCM4360 6.37.14.126 (r561982). I am unsure if this is because I have the 380.59 Merlin and it may not have the BCM43602 driver in it or the Wikidev page was wrong... If it's no better than the other ones, I'm just going to get rid of it!

And YES, it is RIDICULOUS how Asus has made this maddening array of hardware!

Just joined after reading and enjoying this forum for a LONG time! THANKS EVERYONE!!!

Last edited:
Well I just got mixed up in this MESS. Haha

Purchased a RT-AC1900 (no 'P') specifically because the Wikidev 802.11ac Hardware page said it has the BCM43602 wireless chipset. The box does say Hardware C1 and came with the 3.0.0.4.380.1842 firmware. The CFE is 1.1.1.2 and CPU revision C0 running 2 cores @ 1 GHz.

I knew about the Asus lockdown of firmware and didn't upgrade it with the newer stock, but immediately put Merlin 380.59 on it and it runs fine.

I used the 'dmesg' command and it shows BCM4360 6.37.14.126 (r561982). I am unsure if this is because I have the 380.59 Merlin and it may not have the BCM43602 driver in it or the Wikidev page was wrong... If it's no better than the other ones, I'm just going to get rid of it!

And YES, it is RIDICULOUS how Asus has made this maddening array of hardware!

Just joined after reading and enjoying this forum for a LONG time! THANKS EVERYONE!!!

Any reason you're using the older firmware (380.59)?

The RMerlin 380.61 is working (and recommended) for all instead.

That has no bearing on the hardware question...

FYI -- Because of the revert issue of 380.60+.

Fair enough. That is your opinion.

But the latest firmware isn't created for no reason. And many times, the most important reasons are not in the changelogs at all.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!