What's new

HDD unmounts & disconnects

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

tempnet

Occasional Visitor
Hello, this has been an ongoing problem for many for hard drive usage. This is another issue also found on the official google code project (padavan) issue #220. No matter what settings are done, ext3/4, or the process of preparing the drive, the hard drive unmounts itself after a specific time. So SMB shares drop, FTP drops, RTP control over transmission disconnects and the 2 usb icons under the gui panel appear blanked out, so it is technically not a full unmount but a full dissapearance of the drive. Heading towards the drive, a 2.5" Seagate 60GB inside a NexStar TX enclosure USB 2.0 plugged in on both USB ports using a Y-Cable for full power stays running (spinning) with the light on. Upon disconnecting the drive and replugging it in, everything go backs to normal until it 'unmounts' itself in moments time. Yes, the drive and interface work perfectly under a PC. I assume this has to do with a bug or defect under the firmware that does not give the drive a chance to respond back? Having used an SD Card reader (2GB) before I used an hdd, everything ran perfect becasue it was a flash based reading instead of spinning drives. So what could it be? Should I make a 1GB swap and the rest as storage to immaturely circumvent the sudden disconnect? Here's the syslog.txt

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!