What's new

Help change OpenVPN 1024 bit RSA to 2048 bit RSA-87U_378.56_2

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

lin

New Around Here
Can anyone help me change "TLSv1.2, cipher TLSv1/SSLv3 DHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384, 1024 bit RSA" to 2048 bit RSA?
device-87U_378.56_2

Can anyone help me change "TLSv1.2, cipher TLSv1/SSLv3 DHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384, 1024 bit RSA" to 2048 bit RSA?
device-87U_378.56_2

You will have to generate your own keys and certificates. Search the web and these forums for one of the numerous guides explaining how to do so using EasyRSA - there's one of those articles linked in my Wiki.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
I ttried easy-rsa (part of openVPN windows client), followed instruction README.txt:
To generate TLS keys:
Create new empty index and serial files (once only)
1. vars
2. clean-all

Build a CA key (once only)
1. vars
2. build-ca

Build a DH file (for server side, once only)
1. vars
2. build-dh

Build a private key/certficate for the openvpn server
1. vars
2. build-key-server <machine-name>

vars file has this:
set HOME=%ProgramFiles%\OpenVPN\easy-rsa
set KEY_CONFIG=openssl-1.0.0.cnf
set KEY_DIR=keys
set KEY_SIZE=1024 (tried 2048 as well)

set KEY_COUNTRY=US
set KEY_PROVINCE=CA
set KEY_CITY=SanFrancisco
set KEY_ORG=OpenVPN
set KEY_EMAIL=noname@noname.domain
set KEY_CN=router
set KEY_NAME=openvpn
set KEY_OU=IT
set PKCS11_MODULE_PATH=changeme
set PKCS11_PIN=1234

the process mentioned in the README.txt creates everything fine. Copied content of ca.crt, server.crt, server.key, dh.pem to Content modification of Keys & Certification section. Which generates all files on the router (content matches files generated on my laptop). I then copied new client.ovpn file on my laptop. But when I connect using client I get this error "Cannot load inline certificate file: error:0906D06C:pEM routines:pEM_read_bio:no start line: error:140AD009:SSL routines:SSL_CTX_use_certificate_file:pEM lib"
when router creates server through it's usual means (1024 cert), all works fine. Manual process (with 1024 or 2048) isn't working.

Edit the .ovpn file, and look for any key/cert field that might still need to be filled, such as the client sections.