What's new

Help me configure my Cisco RV 180W

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sevendustweb

Occasional Visitor
Hello. I need some help configuring my Cisco RV 180W router. I know enough to build a computer and know some general networking. However, as the years have passed, I have not kept up with new network security features. I know my router has tons of potential. I just need some help to make it happen.

Even beyond security, any DNS, IP ranges, wireless, packet size info, etc would be huge.

In terms of the usage, my Cisco RV 180W runs to a D-Link DGS-1024D switch (for Gigabit data ports) and a D-Link DES-1210-28P switch (Cat5 PoE ports). I will be running a Control4 home automation system. Several Cat5e PoE ports will be used for cameras and touch panels. There will be a handful of desktops and laptops being used via a hard wire connection. I have a video server that streams large HD video files to the various HTPC computers around the house. I will also have a small NAS that will stream multiple music files via a Sonos setup.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!