What's new

How to block IP cameras from Internet access

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

venture996

Occasional Visitor
I have a dozen IP cameras and I recently upgraded to an ASUS RT-AC86u as firewall. I setup a time server on a my security cam server and the cameras sync time there. I use OpenVPN to access my camera system when I'm not home (so no open port).

Now I want to block those cameras from using the Internet (and from being accessed from outside as well, I guess). What would be best way to do that? I was thinking Parental controls, or maybe Network Services Filter.

If it matters, they are in a group of static IPs (i.e., .240 - .255).

What would be best way to do that? I was thinking Parental controls, or maybe Network Services Filter.
Either will do. As you're not using the time slots allowed with Parental Control the end result of both methods will be the same. So use whatever seems more logical to you. Personally I would use Network Services Filter.

I believe you can also block internet access from the main router's Network Map page after clicking on the Client Status:

Untitled.png

Thanks, I used the Client List as you suggested. I looked after and it doesn't populate the Network Filter List. I wonder how it does it?

Either will do. As you're not using the time slots allowed with Parental Control the end result of both methods will be the same. So use whatever seems more logical to you. Personally I would use Network Services Filter.

I believe you can also block internet access from the main router's Network Map page after clicking on the Client Status:

View attachment 13238

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!