What's new

How To Build a SqueezeCenter Server with FreeNAS and a T5700

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

44 pin ide

Hey guys, in the uk does anyone know where to get the 42 pin ide cable for t5700... ?? im having a mere trying to get one as my t5700 does have one inside...

please reply to mpearce@rudderdesigns.co.uk

thank you for your help

Performance of Squeezecenter?

Thanks for a great article. I'm weighing up this option versus an new Acer Revo/Asus Eee box or similar.

How do you find the performance of Squeezecenter, compared to your old server? And did the extra RAM help?

Problem with starting squeezecenter

> Hello. I have hp compaq t5500 terminal. I'm doing everything exactly as in the article "http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/nas/nas-howto/30522-how-to-build-a-squeezecenter-server-with-freenas-and-a-t5700" (installing the same version of freenas and slimserver). In the and of install the squeezeserver show me the messsage "Status - failed - SqueezeCenter is not available. Please note that it might take a minute or more for the service to be available after a restart. Please refresh this page to check the status again." In the slimnas version 2.0.1 I can't enter to Squuezecenter - message (Warning: require(auth.inc): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/www/services_slimserver.php on line 3 Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required 'auth.inc' (include_path='.:/etc/inc:/usr/local/www') in /usr/local/www/services_slimserver.php on line 3 ). And in the 1.3.0. version of slimnas the message is "Status - Starting - SqueezeCenter is starting but not yet ready. Please check again in a bit...".Testing on squeezeserver version 5.4.1, 6.5.4, 7.0.1. The newer vesion of freenas won't install. On the "normal" computer (pentium dual core, geforce 9 etc) and the last version of freenas everything is great. So wher
e is the problem? Any idea? Is the 128 MB RAM can be the reason? Please answer.

I think that 128 MB is not enough memory to run both FreeNAS and SqueezeCenter. My T5700 has 512 MB and runs fine. I started with 256 MB and it ran in that, but not well.

Thank's so much. I will buy 256 or 512 memory and check this. Thank's one more time

The T5700 that I used was a bit vintage. As a result it's BIOS would only support 512 MB of memory. I tried 1GB and 2 GB DIMMs as I had them on hand, but neither would work. It just wouldn't POST.

I ordered a 512 MB DIMM from an online vendor and that work fine when it arrived a couple of days later.

One more thing. What kind of memory you have got - 266 or 333 Mhz? I don't know is the terminal detect both kind of memory?

By the way. What version of freenas do you have installed on t5700 ? On my t5500 I can't run freenas 0.69, 0.7, and latest - when starting the message is "ACPI AUTOLOAD FAILED - INPUT OUTPUT ERROR". Only version 0.68x works fine. Anyone have a suggestions?

Once again me. I bought 256 MB ram and something happened. Squeezecenter started :) but there is a one little problem. I can't listem aac+ radio stations. Squeezecenter is 7.3.3 version ( that is the last newest working version). In windows there is no problem. Everything works perfect. So what am i need to do? One idea is to install plugin aac+. I looked here http://forums.slimdevices.com/showpost.php?p=272774&postcount=19, copy plugin and in squuezecenter/file types i've got inactive aac+. I dont know how to install mplayer. Please help

Again me. Now I have 512 MB RAM and I can install newer freenas, slimnas 2.0.1 and squeezeboxserver 7.4.1. But after all install I have status " Squeezebox Server is starting but not ready yet. Please check again in a bit... (Update status)". When I click "Update status" I have status "Squeezebox Server is not available. Please note that it might take a minute or more for the service to be available after a restart. Please refresh this page to check the status again. (Update status)" Please help.
PS. What version of squeezeboxserver i must install - cpan or nocpan because in manual there is write to install nocpan, but when i copy nocpan to install directory freenas can't see this file - cpan version is seeing.

Ok. So trouble was too small disk - i instaled greater and it works. I've a one more little problem. Frenas and squeezeboxserver are on one disk. But mp3 files(music folder) i have on pendrive. When i disconnect pendrive and connect once again squeezebox can't see music folder. I must manual mount pendrive and then it's ok. Is there a something like "automount" to simply this process?

Help with getting HDD to work on T5700

Hi Guys
I am trying to run an internal 2.5" HDD on the flashROM motherboard connector in a T5700 thinclinet with 256MB RAM. Using a direct cable the disk would not spin up. I tried a 2.5" HDD to 40 pin IDE adaptor with external power input then connected the IDE back to micor-IDS connector and the motherboard. I took power directly from the motherboard regulator and the disk now spins up. BUT it is not recognised in the Bios. - just hangs here.
I initially suspected the motherboard connector could not supply enough juice to run this 32GB HDD but now am not sure. there certainly is power on the connector. Am I missing something here? Did anyone get this running correctly - it seems some people just plug and play!
Any advice would be very much appreciated
Thanks
Neville

Hello ,

Were you able to run the standard IDE 2.5" HDD Inside the t5700.

I am also thinking of buying a t5700 for the purpose of building a NAS. Just wanted to know whether it accepts the standard 40-pin IDE cable and HDD or some special connector is needed to make it accept the hard disk.

Secondly are you able to install standard Windows XP on HDD with a configuration of 192MB rom 256MB Dimm memory.

Is the USB 1.1 enough speedy to stream hi-def video media to other devices on the network

I am thinking of being able to dual-boot it into either Windows XP or FreeNAS, is it a possibility anyone else has tried so far.

Last but very important is FreeNAS compatible with DLNA, especially for streaming to NMT and PS3.

Power source

I want to connect a hard drive to my 5730 as well.
My only problem is: how do I power it? I have no clue how to do it. Since the writer of the tutorial did it as you guys are talking 'bout it as well, there must be something I'm missing!

I want to build it in in the same way in the tutorial, but does the 2,5 inch disk needs an external power source when you build it in? Or doesn't it need a power supply?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!