What's new

How to build my own fork?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

stinger2k

New Around Here
Hey guys out there... ^^

can anyone explain what is needed to build a custom firmware for dsl versions...
What are the first steps to enable a persistent jffs partition with script support on stock firmware?

Thanks for your explanation and help...

Just simply download your model GPL/source code, do your modifications (your own code, jffs code, etc etc) and compile it after.

Last edited:
hi,

thanks for reply, where can i find where jffs code is needed, maybe you can it explain it clear what is needed and what changes in what files are to do?

To do that type of change, you will need programming skills. It's not something that can be put in a tutorial and followed step-by-step.

I do have skills in c#, c++ and bash (i need it for some little projects on arduino and raspberry pi) so programming is not a new word for me, that what i need is - what to edit for got persistent jffs partition running, so i think it would be a good start with Merlin´s source...

Persistant JFFS partition has been part of the stock firmware for quite some time already.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!