What's new

HP Mediasmart Server / Media Vault Generation 1 style cases?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

varzock

Occasional Visitor
Hi, I thought to give this a shot

I'm currently building a DIY NAS and I got most of the components ready, except Mobo. Before this I was going through different NASes and my eye got caught on the HP Mediasmart Server and Media Vault G1 systems. Mostly cause I really like the style of their cases. For example the Mediasmart would be a great case for DIY NAS but unfortunately you can't fit even a mini-itx board there.

Now the Media Vault G1 would seem to accept a mini-itx board (according to this http://www.mediasmartserver.net/2011/05/17/hp-media-vault-generation-1-new-life-for-an-old-friend/).

So, to the main question... are there cases that resemble these or are very close to them (small, quite clean, nice, functional)? I know NAS server cases are not meant to be looked at, but since I gotta cram my system in living room, I pretty much have to :)

Some examples:

Asus-TS-Mini-Server-with-Windows-Home-Server.jpg

1239723661.jpeg

serwer-smartstor-promise-ns26.jpg

Last edited: