What's new

HTTPS Access

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Jeff146

Occasional Visitor
I have a weird issue and hopefully someone would be able to help me as I am wits end.

I'm trying to access https for all the services on Synology such as the Photo Station but it always times out.

HTTPS works for accessing DSM but that's the only HTTPS connection that works.

I've tried putting the Synology on DMZ on the router but it still doesn't work. I'm not sure what the problem is but hopefully someone can help me.

Thanks,
Jeff

I believe that you must obtain a free self-signed or paid-for certificate from a certified authority. Then follow synology's procedure to install it and setup for its use.

I actually have done that already. I even followed their instructions with getting a cert for your own domain.

Is your router's port forwarding setup properly for the various ports needed? Synology lists what ports are needed.
If you rely on UPNP to do this dialog with the router, it'll probably not work right, and is a security risk as you may know.

Finally someone mentioned that I may have remote managment on in the router and it was the same port as HTTPS 443. Once I changed the port, everything works now.

I'm too paranoid to enable router management via the WAN even with SSL. Nor on the WiFi side.