What's new

Cannot Connect to Synology NAS via Windows 11 Home

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

dminches

New Around Here
I am setting up a friend's new computer which is running Windows 11 Home. For some unknown (to me) reason I cannot connect to his Synology NAS (running DSM 7.2.xx).

In Edge if I go to find.synology.com it to finds the IP address but it doesn't know the name (MusicNAS) and I can't connect to it. If I run Synology assistant it doesn't see it at all.

He is running Norton 360 but I uninstalled it for the purposes of trying to get this work but that didn't help. Private network security and file sharing are all turned on.

He can see the NAS from his 2 other computers which are running Windows 10 Home.

What am I missing here? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am setting up a friend's new computer which is running Windows 11 Home. For some unknown (to me) reason I cannot connect to his Synology NAS (running DSM 7.2.xx).

In Edge if I go to find.synology.com it to finds the IP address but it doesn't know the name (MusicNAS) and I can't connect to it. If I run Synology assistant it doesn't see it at all.

He is running Norton 360 but I uninstalled it for the purposes of trying to get this work but that didn't help. Private network security and file sharing are all turned on.

He can see the NAS from his 2 other computers which are running Windows 10 Home.

What am I missing here? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Found this with a quick search. Looks like you have to sign in to Windows 11 with a password instead of Pin, Fingerprint or Facial Recognition.

Thanks again.

I figured out the issue. My friend had plugged his computer in a wan port on the router so it was given a wan address. Thus, it was on its own network. Once I figure that out I had him move it and now it has a LAN IP address. Whew.

I appreciate your help in this matter.