What's new

I got the NT-N66U and only the PS3 don't seem to like it.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Subzero89

Occasional Visitor
I'm getting errors like the "Media Server Error – "Protocol Error DLNA 2104" and also the PS3 seems to disconnect itself from PSN kinda often. Also it seems like it takes twice as long to sign in PSN network and sometimes I get the network time out error. PS3 never had these problems before with the old crappy Linksys E1000 router, it was very solid.

By the way my new router is the ASUS NT-N66U. The 360 and other devices work great with new router.

Anyway I read in places that the PS3 is wireless G and to fix my above problems according to others is to set the router in G mode only. But this fix isn't going to work for me cause I have other devices on wireless N.

In the routers webpage under the wireless mode there's the default option which is "AUTO" then drop menu is has "N only" and "legacy" option. I'll have to keep it in AUTO mode no choice here I believe. Their is the extra option though it's called "b/g Protection" the default setting currently is ticked/on. If I untick it will it help any you think, but will it cause any other problems I don't know about ?

Any other advice ? Thanks

Last edited:
I've got the latest non beta firmware by the way. Not sure if I should upgrade to the beta firmware though it does seem to have a lot of fixes in it.

Try using Merlins version of the firmware, or Johns fork of Merlin. Both aim to improve stability over the official firmware. (Just remember to do a factory reset and manually configure after installing the firmware)

I've been using Johns fork for a long time now and have never had any problems with my PS3 and PS4 using the default settings.