What's new

I have an AX86U Pro & the log keeps repeating MDIO error

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ComputerSteve

So the log of my router keeps stating this: kernel: MDIO Error: MDIO got failure status on phy 25 .. I'm not noticing any problems but would like to know what that means or how to stop it. Thanks =)

I'm getting the same thing on one of my AX86U Pros after a reboot, perhaps in combo with a firmware update. Massively floods the log. Rebooting again seems to be able to make it stop.

Not seeing any
I'm getting the same thing on one of my AX86U Pros after a reboot, perhaps in combo with a firmware update. Massively floods the log. Rebooting again seems to be able to make it stop.
What firmware are you running? You may want to add it to your sig line. What additional services/features do you have enabled? In other words provide more into about your configuration settings and what you have enabled/running on the router.

Haven't seen a MDIO Error using either stock Asus firmware or currently with the Asus-Merlin firmware (including the latest 3004.388.7) on a RT-AX86U Pro configured for router mode. No AiMesh setup. Smart Connect disabled.
PS: Looking at the current system log the only entries for MDIO are the following.
Code:
May  5 01:05:09 kernel: libphy: Fixed MDIO Bus: probed
May  5 01:05:09 kernel: brcm-mdio 837ffd00.mdiosf2: switch_mdio_base=0xffffff8008c9dd00
May  5 01:05:09 kernel: brcm-mdio 837ffd00.mdiosf2:  registered

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!