What's new

Intel 9260ac and HT160

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

avtella

Very Senior Member
I got the 9260 because I needed to replace the unreliable DW1820 WiFi card in my sister's laptop so I put my 8265 in hers and got this. However I wasn't getting above 866Mbps link rate, so I suspected the router is prioritizing MU-MIMO over HT160, but I couldn't disable MU-MiMO without bringing down my network first. I have 2 more MU capable laptops with an Intel 8265 and a Nexus 5X which also is MU capable hence my situation. I also have another R7800 so I tested on that as a sole client, and low and behold it connects at 1.7Gbps link rate.

TLDR: If you have multiple MU capable devices, MU-MIMO is prioritized over HT160, but it does work. I think the router made the right decision regarding MU.

Initial Testing at 1.3 Gbps link rate, using ~2.8 GB file: behind two walls it’s at 1.3 Gbps link rate and Downlink from NAS to Laptop is around 105-110 MB/s on HT160 vs 70-75 MB/s on HT80. Uplink seems to have declined to 40-45 MB/s on HT160 vs 45-50 MB/s on HT80.

I’m sure it would be a bit faster at 1.7 Gbps link rate, I’ll test it later at closer range.

Edit: Please delete this I should have replied in the HT160 and R7800 thread.

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!