What's new

Iomega ix2-200 and Belkin N router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Dozer74

New Around Here
I hope someone might be able to help.
I connect my Mac to the internet via a Belkin N router which has worked fine, and the router is also connected to my Xbox through one of the ethernet ports, again this works fine.
I have now purchased an Iomega ix2-200 2TB unit as my Mac HDD is quickly running low on space, and I also want the peace of mind of my data being backed up.

Unfortunately, the Iomega unit does not seem to want to work when connected to an ethernet port on my router. The 'wired' indicator on the router lights up for about 15 seconds, then turns off for 15 seconds when the connection is lost.
I can connect the Iomega unit direct to the computer and it works ok.

I wonder if anyone might be able to help. I have swapped cables and used different ethernet ports on the router but nothing seems to work.

Thanks,
D.

IP Addresses

In order for you to connect the Iomega directly to your computer the Iomega would need to be assigned a static IP address.

What IP address does the Iomega have? (Please include any subnet, gateway, ip address information you have stored in the Iomega)

It could be that the router and Iomega are having a IP address conflict or the two devices have two IP addresses that are out of each others ranges.

What is the IP Address of the Belkin router? (Again, please include any subnet gateway, ip address info of the router)

Do you have an available network switch you could try connecting the Iomega to, in order to see if you are getting a link light?

I want to connect my ix2 directly to my mac via ethernet, but cannot figure out how to do this.

How exactly do I assign an ip address to the NAS?

It works perfect when hooked up to my wireless router, but the speed is way to slow.

Easiest way is to just connect the ix2 to your router's switch and let it get its IP information from the router.

Otherwise, you need to set the IP address info manually. Copy all of the IP address settings from your Mac and change the last group of digits.

Example, if your Mac's IP address is 192.168.1.100, set the NAS to 192.168.1.99 or any other number from 1 to 254.