What's new

IPv6 address request log

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

microchip

Very Senior Member
Hello,

I'm using IPv6 in stateful mode (DHCPv6) and whenever one of my computers requests an address or renews it, there is a log entry of that from dnsmasq-dhcp. Is there a way to disable that? I've disabled DHCPv4 logging but there's nothing for DHCPv6 so my logs get spammed with such messages

You can add quiet-dhcp6 for this. It won't be completely fixed until dnsmasq is up to the latest release candidate for dnsmasq.

Thanks. I will try that

I just telnet into the router and did a cat /tmp/etc/dnsmasq.conf and at the very bottom there's already quiet-dhcp6. Still my logs report stuff like

Code:
May  4 11:51:03 dnsmasq-dhcp[284]: DHCPREPLY(br0) 2a02:1811:900:500::1d13 00:01:00:01:1b:ef:9a:ba:10:fe:ed:03:6b:3f quark

Dnsmasq is not yet at the current version. Merlin's is at v2.73rc1, and this bug is not fixed until v2.73rc7.

Dnsmasq is not yet at the current version. Merlin's is at v2.73rc1, and this bug is not fixed until v2.73rc7.

Ah ok, it was not clear from your first reply :)