What's new

John9527's fork - issues with WD Green and hibernation mode

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

atirage21

New Around Here
Guys, i have external WD Green. Sd-idle and hdparm is not for hibernation on WD Green and Blue. I need add never package for these hdd through opkg for merlin. Here is solution for these HDD of WD but somebody must compiled for merlin and add to install package or to opkg: https://sourceforge.net/projects/idle3-tools/

Idle3-tools provides a utility to get, set, or disable the Idle3 timer present in many Western Digital hard drives. This timer is part of the "IntelliPark" feature that stops the disk when not in use.

Without this tool is not going hibernation on these hdd fro western digital (only hdparm -c going, but problem is with APM which is not supported for wd!). In log are only:
Aug 28 06:16:44 sd-idle-2.6[502]: spinning down /dev/sda after 7 mins
Aug 28 06:16:44 sd-idle-2.6[502]: Non-zero status spinning down /dev/sda: 2

Last edited:
In time of my plying with hdparm a first experience with opkg, i found missing library libc under last beta 53D7 from august 2022. In last public version is not this bug.

Device: ASUS AC56U

Last edited: