What's new

Lease expired in Internet status

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

evalf

Occasional Visitor
I recently purchased an RT-AC68U on which I have installed the Merlin firmware. I previously used DD-WRT on a TP-Link router so I'm new to how the Merlin/Asus firmware operates.

I have noticed for a couple of weeks now at the bottom of the internet status that the Lease time displays "renewing..." and the Lease expires displays "Expired". I have tried reseting both the router and the modem, turning the internet connection off and on at the top of the internet status, but nothing changes. This does not seem to affect my internet connection though, which works without a hitch, so it's more the matter of understanding what is going on.

I've attached a screen shot of the internet status. I've just upgraded to the latest firmware release, and the indications haven't changed.

Could anyone enlighten me as to exactly what is going on with these two indications, and if there is something I can do to make them "normal". Thanks!

Attachments

• 2015-02-08 19_21_26-ASUS Wireless Router RT-AC68U - Network Map.png
    2015-02-08 19_21_26-ASUS Wireless Router RT-AC68U - Network Map.png
    16.8 KB · Views: 1,428
My router displays the same as well. It's been like this for awhile now and did this with another model too. There's no difference whether using stock or Merlin firmware. Must be a PPPoE thing.

Attachments

• InternetStatus.JPG
    InternetStatus.JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 1,345
Interesting behavior, I have pppoe connection as well, but in router it doesn't show lease expired. It renew itself well if internet works it doesn't matter much.

try set to NO
"Special Requirement from ISP
Enable VPN + DHCP Connection - NO"