What's new

LG OLED + Samsung S23 - randomly can't see each other.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

joloxx9

New Around Here
Got a strange issue, randomly when I try to cast something from my youtube app in S23 to my TV(LG oled g3) I cannot see that tv in the app. Same thing is happening in LG thinq app, I can TV but then, after 5-10 min app cannot connect with it. When I try to add it once again it is not showing up in the app.
Not sure if the problem is related with app, router, or tv itself.
Router AX86U using latest merlin firmware, all devices are in same room around 1-2m apart, connected with WI-FI .

Any ideas what should I try?

I have the same problem on a G2 for half a year and it is getting exhausting. The only times it seems to work better is when I connect it to a guest network created specifically for TV.
I was recommended by LG for the test to create a hotspot from another phone and to connect the TV and personal phone to this network. And so it seemed to work well. I have 30 connections on the router and the only device causing problems is this disappointing TV.
Did you find another solution?

CAST'ing is usually a point-to-point direct connection (Wireless Direct), so the router itself has little to do...

One site that does track FW updates on the LG OLEDs is below:

I've got a 55" LG B2 OLED, and I've also had issues - was faster/easier for me to add an AppleTV 4K and an onn4K dongle (onn4k is similar to Google's Chromecast w/GoogleTV) - The Onn4k is a great caster, and the price is right...

WebOS as provided by LG is ok for TV operations, but network/streaming, I've gone back to the STB approach...

1st link is the Walmark ONN4K, second is the Google Chromecast...

Guest network is still working. Don't know why! As soon as I'm going back to clasic 5ghz the tv disappear in 10 min fron YouTube cast option

Won't help as Casting is WiFi direct...
Nope, you're making a mistake, perhaps you don't know the matter.

Wifi-Direct is a direct connection between two devices without a router in between.
Google Cast is a connection between two devices both connected to a router.

Airtime fairness tends to break the link (perhaps wreking havoc with mDNS discovery)

Guest network is still working. Don't know why! As soon as I'm going back to clasic 5ghz the tv disappear in 10 min fron YouTube cast option
Can you confirm you disabled Airtime Fairness?
If yes, can you post a picture of your wireless/professional tab settings so we can see what's going on?

It's disabled. But internet its working, only cast in some apps

Attachments

• IMG20230922221821.jpg
    IMG20230922221821.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 37
It's disabled. But internet its working, only cast in some apps
Disable Universal Beamforming.
Why Roaming Assistant Is enabled? You have One SSID for both 2.4 and 5ghz (if so prepare to split them)? Clarify this point thanks.

Last edited:
Separate SSID, and TV has 1 meter from router. One AP wired. Thx.

Attachments

• IMG_20230923_000804.jpg
    IMG_20230923_000804.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 29
Separate SSID, and TV has 1 meter from router. One AP wired. Thx.
Ok,
the access point has the same ssid as the router?
If yes split them (4 ssid in total) and try again.
if not let's try this (one at time & in this order):

1. set a wifi password with no special key (only letters and numbers)
  2. Security WPA2 (no wpa3)
  3. check roaming assistant dbi value..
  4. OFDMA set DL/UL OFDMA + Mumimo (this is recommended if you have multiple AX devices)

Nope, you're making a mistake, perhaps you don't know the matter.

Wifi-Direct is a direct connection between two devices without a router in between.
Google Cast is a connection between two devices both connected to a router.

Hmmmm... so explain to me how I can Google Cast from my OnePlus Nord N20 to my LG TV when the TV is not connected to WiFi or ethernet?

Hmmmm... so explain to me how I can Google Cast from my OnePlus Nord N20 to my LG TV when the TV is not connected to WiFi or ethernet?

To not mistake casting to screen mirroring,
please confirm that you are not casting local files and that you have not enabled guest mode.
In particular confirm that you can Google cast a Netflix or Prime video stream from an android phone without hotspot mode on to a TV without any connection to internet.
Also, if casting Is wifi direct, as you say, please explain how Is the "wifi-direct" connection established from an Android phone connected via wifi to a Chromecast or TV connected via ethernet.

Last edited:
I have an LG G2 TV and had issues with Airplay failing to connect most of the time when the TV was connected over WiFi. All streaming apps on the TV worked fine.

After lots of Googling, I decided to try connecting the TV over ethernet as per someone's suggestion, and have not had any issues with Airplay since. There's something strange with LG's implementation of WiFi.

Even over cable manifest the same. I connected another asus router only 5ghz, no 160mhz and a little far away. I wait to see...

Make sure that IGMP Snooping is enabled. Another option is to try with IGMP Snooping disabled.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!