What's new

Linksys EA6500v2

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

zviro

Occasional Visitor
Hello,

I've purchased the router in the title because it was the best AC router i could find under $80 that would ship to Israel, before it arrives i wanted to do some homework.
I'll be using it connected to a couple of wired computers, a couple of wireless laptops and a few phones - the reason i'm upgrading is mostly for wireless transfer speeds between clients (right now i'm using a tp-link tl-wdr4300 with openwrt).
What i plan on doing after receiving the router is upgrading it to latest firmware and testing its stability over a dew days and then see if i need to flash something else (dd-wrt/tomato/???).
I wanted to ask if anyone here has experience with said router - stability, speed(both wired and wireless) on either stock or 3rd party firmware since there is relatively little information on it.

tl;dr - if you have this router: what firmware are you using? how stable/fast is it?

Thanks!