What's new

Linksys WRT 1900AC Slow Transfer Speeds USB HDD

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Thanks Trip. You're right this is becoming a pain. Problem is, there is another guy in the Linksys forums who ha a proper NAS and still gets the same speeds as I do (actually mine are a little faster).

So back to the same questions I've asked in every forum (and asked Linksys support) that nobody can answer:
- What are the max speeds I should be able to get over wifi?
- What is the bottleneck that is maxing me out at 3MB/s read from the drive, whether on wifi or Cat5 cable?

I just don't want to drop another few hundred bucks for no improvement and by everything I have read in reviews, my current setup should work just fine for me needs.... it just doesn't perform anywhere near as well as indicated (and as reviewed on this site).

Just wondering if the slow writes might be a drive issue...

One of the downsides of the Linksys firmware is that it assumes the drive is formatted already (e.g. it does not have a "format" command for the disk management - NTFS formatted drives will generally have slower write performance than EXT3/4...

Thanks for the idea SFX. I did format the drive before initial use. I believe it's NTSF. I'm more concerned about read speeds than write speeds as I use this drive mainly as storage for Kodi and such. It's just so odd that even on cat5 cable, read speeds are 3MB/s. And if I plug the drive into the USB 3.0 port on my laptop directly, I get 75MB/s in either direction.

I have a ticket with Linksys level 2 support. Hopefully they will be able to help.