What's new

Linksys WRT-1900ACS 1.0.0.172978

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Allegator

Occasional Visitor
Rock and Roll. I see new firmware just posted:

Firmware version: 1.0.0.172978
Release date: June 2, 2016

- Improved stability of 5GHz and 2.4GHz networks

Be aware of the Network Map bug with this new firmware. Minor but unacceptable as they had 8 months to work on this before release. Quality hardware. But, man. Linksys has the worst firmware support out of them all. Its comical and beyond pathetic.

Network map on linksys has always been a bit of a trainwreck and a stability issue (it leaks mem like crazy) - nice that they're working on it, but perhaps it's better to just rip it out and move on - the data can be found in the dhcp client list - or just do an arp -a to catch the static clients.

The 1900acv2 is running at 1.6, look here

ACv2's are funny - the HW is not always the same as ACS, some are actually V2's, and some V2's are ACS before FCC final approval.

That's part of the problem with the WRT1900's - they're a bit odd across lines - they all have the same radio's, and the v2/acs are generally similar - and some v2's are actually ACS in drag...

v2's are weird... and caught in the middle. My v2 falls on the ACS side with regards to CPU, but calibration values for WiFi are similar to v1/v2.

New firmware stable for me, no reboots or glitches since install. Wifi encryption pulldown menu bugs are all fixed, but network map is broken, displaying all devices as wired and showing zero 2.4 or 5 GHZ devices connected.

New firmware stable for me, no reboots or glitches since install. Wifi encryption pulldown menu bugs are all fixed, but network map is broken, displaying all devices as wired and showing zero 2.4 or 5 GHZ devices connected.
Linksys engineering knows about the Network Map issue with the latest firmware and are working on a solution.

This router has been nothing but headaches since its launch. Wi-Fi range has dropped significantly with this firmware update.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Just use DD-WRT. I haven't had a lick of problems since November.

...And another one!

Firmware version: 1.0.1.174588
Release date: August 8, 2016

- Added login requirements for cgi web pages
- General bug fixes
- Resolved Network Map issues where some devices are improperly identified

...And another one!

Firmware version: 1.0.1.174588
Release date: August 8, 2016

- Added login requirements for cgi web pages
- General bug fixes
- Resolved Network Map issues where some devices are improperly identified

This needs it's own thread. Confirmed the Network map has been fixed.