What's new

Looking to replace my router....

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

chess

Occasional Visitor
I have a mom and pop ISP (Metrocast now Atlantic Broadband) and they suck ha...

Anywho I have 150meg package with them, and the Asus RT-AC66R is basically on its last leg...

Therefore I have been doing some research and I am trying to determine which is the best play...

Asus AC-5300
Netgear Nighthawk X6
Asus AC-RT3200
Go Mesh ? If so suggestions...

I do alot of gaming, streaming (2 console at all times, netflix, youtube, streaming media...
I have an attached NAS as well, so I need GB ports as well.

Thanks for any and all inputs !

there are a few threads in this forum and the wireless discussion and the router section covering this application.....

went ahead and bought the 86U....

I am going to give it a go and report back :)

Will load Merlin's F/W as well

Asus RT-AC66R is basically on its last leg...
Seems kinda young to be on its last leg :-(
Go Mesh ... ?
What shortcomings with a single router solution were you experiencing that you would consider mesh (while still considering continuing with a single router solution)?
went ahead and bought the 86U ... I am going to give it a go and report back
I look forward to your update particularly as to what benefits you realized over your AC66R (since I've been long considering a similar upgrade).

Last edited:
Seems kinda young to be on its last leg :-(

What shortcomings with a single router solution were you experiencing that you would consider mesh (while still considering continuing with a single router solution)?

I look forward to your update particularly as to what benefits you realized over your AC66R (since I've been long considering a similar upgrade).

It has alot of issues, especially the samsung smart tv filling up the log.. I have searched and searched and no one has an answer......

The reviewed I have read about the 86U especially in here, are just blowing everything else of the water... I prefer the interface where I can control it so thats one reason I didnt go with the Amplifi Mesh or anything else. The 86U is half the cost.

I will let you know once I get it next week and configure it. I certainly have no problem s sharing my thoughts etc.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!