What's new

Lyra router as client through rtac88u as vpn server

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

T.S.Fellow

Occasional Visitor
I am working myself in circles attempting to add a lyra system to my home. I have an rtac88u setup as a vpn server and it works great. I have been wanting to send items such as smart tv, fire tv, etc which don't generally support vpn software through the vpn server.

In comes the lyra. I am trying to setup the lyra as a second router, and have it be a client of the vpn server. I went into the rtac88u and took the currently working vpn config and exported. I then took that config and imported into the lyra web ui as a vpn client, and attempted to activate. It will activate but says connection failed. And the log says:

vpnclient5: Options error: Unrecognized option or missing parameter(s) in config.ovpn:34: ncp-ciphers (2.3.2)
vpnclient5: Use --help for more information.

This isn't telling me much. Looking for a bit of guidance where to start. Thanks.

Config: (certs removed). This config works actively with phones and other devices which can run software on the device. Was hoping copying this config over would allow Lyra to run as a client to the current VPN server.

client
dev tun
proto tcp
redirect-gateway def1
remote XXXXX.asuscomm.com 443
float
ncp-ciphers AES-128-GCM:AES-256-GCM:AES-128-CBC:AES-256-CBC
cipher AES-128-CBC
comp-lzo adaptive
keepalive 15 60
auth-user-pass
remote-cert-tls server