What's new

Merlin RT-AC87U_3.0.0.4_378.52_alpha3

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Is there any changelog available? would be handy to know at least some details about that version before blindly flashing it.

thanks!

Is there any changelog available? would be handy to know at least some details about that version before blindly flashing it.

thanks!

It was only intended as a test build for users having issues at boot time. There's no accurate changelog for the point in time at which it was compiled, you would have to look at the build date on the Tools -> Sysinfo page, and manually browse the Github commit log up to that date to see what was changed between 378.51 and that specific build.

It fixed a lot of stuff for me, including the 'kernel: br0: received packet on vlan1 with own address as source address' in the log the whole time and partially upnp

It fixed a lot of stuff for me, including the 'kernel: br0: received packet on vlan1 with own address as source address' in the log the whole time and partially upnp
*finally*?! I won't believe it until I see it. So next thing I'm gonna do is flash it and see. How many times has that "bug" been mentioned in how many threads and forums on the net? I wasn't really expecting to ever see that fixed on any of the affected devices. Thanks a lot for your reply. Too bad I'll have to wait for around 2 hours until I can finally test this.

There's no firmware reset required after flashing, or is it? Otherwise I'd might consider waiting for the stable version as entering all configuration data from scratch would take me ages. If it's ok to just import the last configuration backup file after a reset that'd be OK though.

*finally*?! I won't believe it until I see it. So next thing I'm gonna do is flash it and see. How many times has that "bug" been mentioned in how many threads and forums on the net? I wasn't really expecting to ever see that fixed on any of the affected devices. Thanks a lot for your reply. Too bad I'll have to wait for around 2 hours until I can finally test this.

There's no firmware reset required after flashing, or is it? Otherwise I'd might consider waiting for the stable version as entering all configuration data from scratch would take me ages. If it's ok to just import the last configuration backup file after a reset that'd be OK though.
Depends what version you are coming from - I did a reset anyway to make sure everything was clean. Don't think there are new drivers in this version, but I am not 100%

Thought I would give this a go as with .51 I was still getting random disconnections with my Apple products. So far no disconnections at all, time will tell I suppose. But as the OP said, page loads are much quicker than when on .51 or Asus stock firmware.
RT-AC87U by the way.

Thought I would give this a go as with .51 I was still getting random disconnections with my Apple products. So far no disconnections at all, time will tell I suppose. But as the OP said, page loads are much quicker than when on .51 or Asus stock firmware.
RT-AC87U by the way.

I'm also having the same issues as you on my iPhone 6 Plus & iPad Air.

I turn off all the 4 Beamforming settings and set key rotation interval from 3600 to 0. For the past 3 weeks, I did not have any diconnections.

I'm also having the same issues as you on my iPhone 6 Plus & iPad Air.

I turn off all the 4 Beamforming settings and set key rotation interval from 3600 to 0. For the past 3 weeks, I did not have any diconnections.

I did try that at one stage but my retina iMac was still problematic, especially after waking from sleep, yet the iPhones and iPads here were ok.
Since trying this alpha wireless has been rock solid on the iMac.