What's new

Missing keys and certificates in openvpn after update to 380.57

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

cowst

I have a RT-N66U and after update in openvpn settings and .ovpn all certs and keys are empty.
Is there a way to have them filled by default as before?
If not, could you point me to some simple howto?

actually, I noticed that jffs is empty and apparently read only.
is it supposed to happen?
what is the procedure when I flash a new FW?
backup jffs and restore it afterwards?

Latest before that.
So I understand losing jffs content.
But:
1 - jffs is now empty and read only, no matter how many times i format or reboot. From tools I see it unmounted. Shouldn't it mount automatically?
2 - if and when I solve the jffs issue, are default certs for openvpn created there?

You could spend ages trying to sort this out or else start afresh with a restore to factory default, reinstate your settings and regenerate a fresh .ovpn config file to export to your clients. Are you using John's nvram restore facility, which would make it a doddle?

No, but I will definitely have a look :)
Thanks
I've never used John's facility myself. I understand there now is a jffs restore option with it, in which case, if I'm right, I guess you might NOT want to do that, just in case whatever's caused the snag migrates with the jffs restoration. And anyway, you want to start with a clean jffs. Does that make any sense?

I've never used John's facility myself. I understand there now is a jffs restore option with it, in which case, if I'm right, I guess you might NOT want to do that, just in case whatever's caused the snag migrates with the jffs restoration. And anyway, you want to start with a clean jffs. Does that make any sense?
I don't mind starting from empty jffs.
I already rewrote the vpn scripts I need. :)
What I really don't want to lose are the rest of the settings (at each update).
And find a good backup mechanism to restore also jffs at each update.

The read only jffs must be a glitch. I hope reset will fix.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk