What's new

MoCA device interoperability

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

HDClown

Occasional Visitor
I have a trio of Motorola NIM100 MoCA devices that I've used for years.

I upgraded to Whole Home DVR at home (BrightHouse), which uses MoCA. Equipment is Samsung (SMT-H3272 DVR) and two Cisco (4742HDC) converters.

If I turn on any of my NIM100's, the Cisco converters loose their MoCA sync, and the whole home DVR features breaks. If I power off the NIM100's, the Cisco converters work just fine.

The NIM100's have some settings control, such as the channel used, and DES key. I set them to scan all channels, DES key is a default setting.

I don't know much about how MoCA works, but it seems like there is some conflicts going on between the different devices. I was hoping it would all "just work".

Any ideas on making this week, or am I out of luck?

I have a trio of Motorola NIM100 MoCA devices that I've used for years.

I upgraded to Whole Home DVR at home (BrightHouse), which uses MoCA. Equipment is Samsung (SMT-H3272 DVR) and two Cisco (4742HDC) converters.

If I turn on any of my NIM100's, the Cisco converters loose their MoCA sync, and the whole home DVR features breaks. If I power off the NIM100's, the Cisco converters work just fine.

The NIM100's have some settings control, such as the channel used, and DES key. I set them to scan all channels, DES key is a default setting.

I don't know much about how MoCA works, but it seems like there is some conflicts going on between the different devices. I was hoping it would all "just work".

Any ideas on making this week, or am I out of luck?

HDClown have you tried recently? As in post box updates of the past 45 days? See you here or at DSLR your choice.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!