What's new

MoCA POE filter with AT&T twisted pair drop

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

WCFeels

New Around Here
installed Hitron Bonded MoCA 2.5 Adapter for Ethernet Over Coax (2-Pack), connecting AT&T residential gateway to Apple TV one floor below. Working fine, but literature indicates many benefits of having a MoCA POE filter in place. Such filters connect at the point of the incoming coax drop. However, my incoming line (AT&T) is twisted pair going directly from the street into the gateway. Where would I place a MoCA filter in this scenario?

nope, nowhere, as you have point to point moca over coax.
The filter applies if you have ethernet service from a coax based internet provider or are using a splitter with an unused INPUT port.

Thank you, degrub. So, if I understand, you’re saying I’m all right using MoCA without a filter because it’s unnecessary since my feed isn’t coax, right?

Thank you, degrub. So, if I understand, you’re saying I’m all right using MoCA without a filter because it’s unnecessary since my feed isn’t coax, right?

If you don't have a CATV drop active in the house, then yes...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!