What's new

Monthly Quotas?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

corndog

Regular Contributor
Hello all,

Being Canadian, my family is getting hit with extra billing every now and then when we go over our 95Gig monthly limit.

I'm wondering - has anyone seen a solution in a router that has a nice counter which counts up the WAN data rate over the month and then can be configured to rate limit the connection as it approaches the ISP's monthly cap?

The Netgear WNDR3700 has a meter that does something like this. Two complaints about it. 1. It can't count - never does an accurate tally and is always resetting to zero after a couple days. 2. It only has an option to totally cut off the connection after hitting a threshold. I'm looking for something a little more configurable.

Anyone?

The WNR3500L using Tomato firmware does have a monthly counter. You can enter the day of the month for the start of each billing session. I don't think it limits you though.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!