What's new

Move Wireless router...

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

thezeke

New Around Here
Hey Folks -

I have a problem/issue. Here goes:

Setup:
Currently my wireless router , switch and Cable modem is in the unfinished part of my basement.. The house is basically wired throughout with CAT 6 that runs (there are about 12-14 runs of CAT6) into the basement into a 24 port gig switch. From that switch its plugged into one of the Apple LAN ports (this is a Apple time capsule 2TB wireless router).. From the apple router I have my cable modem plugged into the WAN port on both (router and modem).. The cable modem has only ONE WAN port no other ports..

Issue:
I would like to move the Apple router up in the office on the main floor to get more wireless signal/ strength throughout the upstairs.. Right now my signal varies from ok to bad once I hit the bedrooms.. I've tried to change channels etc however; no dice.. I have tried moving it however when I do - I can get wireless but no LAN connectivity? Do I need to set that Apple router in Bridge mode? I tried using a crossover cable to plug from the apple router to the ethernet port in the wall and nothing...

Please let me know if more info is needed for suggestions...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!