What's new

[MOVED POSTS] MU-MIMO still missing on RT-AC87U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Here's a 5 star review from the Amazon...

It's brilliant when it works - Asus customer service also good
By Kung Fu Panda on 22 Oct. 2014
Style Name: AC1900 Mbps Dual-Band Verified Purchase
It's OK when it works. Mine has failed after about 5 months and won't now run for more than an hour without crashing. I have tried factory resets, latest firmware, older firmware, etc. It's a hardware problem, could be the power supply, but I suspect the router. Time to try out Asus' RMA process. Ho hum...​

Exactly ....... good when it works.

I have had 4 of these routers, they all failed to work as they should and the last one the wireless was progressively hopeless.

The supplier I bought from has taken the router back and given a full refund , they won't stock that model again until the issues are solved, they have seen a 85% return rate

Reading this forum and the "official" Asus forum many others have experienced the same.

Amazon are refunding on the RT AC87U ....... and several other UK suppliers have had high return rates too.

I changed to the AC3200 and the difference is amazing.

What do you mean? Like making QTN paid for damages? Refund?

Note - I'm not a lawyer here, but have spent many years in the CE and Services realm..

Every contract is different, but in consumer electronics, normally there is a volume commitment up to X number of parts - and terms are usually Net 30/45/60 FOB the factory -

Since manufacturers don't like to have huge stock of parts that may or may not be used, it's normal to consider supply on demand and/or vendor managed inventory based on orders... makes it a bit of a challenge/risk for suppliers, as Fabs like to have firm commitments (time/capacity planning)...

In the case of non-performance, things like stopping payment on current PO's, returning/rejecting any deliveries on the dock or enroute, rebates on payments already made, etc... much has a lot of terms/conditions - was the non-performance due to excessive failure (resulting in high return rates for broken HW), to failure to deliver certain features - esp. if it's a staged delivery with features to be added by a specific date. In the worst cases, future business can move to another supplier, which isn't good for them...

OEM has to take risk, and many times, they try to pass that risk on to suppliers - the OEM's risk is to be able to deliver a viable product and have happy stores - because if they can't - it's the old saying "plenty of fish in the sea" and the stores will slot something else into the shelves. The other risk is customer good will and potential damage to the brand if a product doesn't meet promises...

If the stores see high returns, typically they'll stop selling the product, and they don't want to carry current inventory, so many times, unsold inventory is returned... that's retail - and product that doesn't move, it costs the retailers money as well (flooring costs - go into a big box store, see all the product, it's all financed...)

When things go well, it's a virtuous cycle, and if things break down, it gets nasty fast...

calm down.

They didn't say anything of what you think they did. They sold you hardware that is MU-MIMO capable. Next time, read for better understanding

I'm capable of buying this router, but am holding off implementation of that feature due to incompatibilities with common sense

I'm capable of buying this router, but am holding off implementation of that feature due to incompatibilities with common sense

Might be better off with an AC1900 solution like the RT-AC68U/AC68P, if you wish to buy into ASUS - these are mainstream and mature, with very good performance and community support.