What's new

Multiple WAN DHCP Addresses

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Magno101

New Around Here
Greetings Everyone,

I've got an ASUS RT-AC68U with Asuswrt-Merlin 378.53 installed.

I'd like to create a start-up script that would create a second virtual interface off of my WAN interface that would be configured via DHCP from my ISP (just as my current WAN interface is configured).

After configuring the interface I'd then like to setup iptables rules in the PREROUTING and POSTROUTING chains to setup a 1:1 Static NAT to an IP address within my LAN. I'd then like to add rules to the FORWARDING chain that would forward ports 3074-3076 to that same LAN device.

I have available to me up to 3 DHCP IP addresses from my ISP, so there shouldn't be an issue there.

Long story short, I have two XBOX consoles on my network and I'd like for each of them to have a 1:1 (Public to Private) NAT translation for the purposes of port forwarding.

This looks to be fairly straight forward for someone who understands linux commands and has a grasp on their implementation within the the Asuswrt-Merlin firmware. This person is not me.

I'm happy to supply any further needed information. Please help me out if you can! I've been googling without success for the last few days and have seen a number of posts which relate to doing something like this with Static IPs from your ISP (for example: http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Static_NAT ), but nothing on doing it with DHCP addresses.

I'm sure the problem is easily solved by someone better versed than I with these matters.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!