What's new

My Wish for 3/4G dongle support

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Tutenstein

New Around Here
I have been speaking with Asus about their crappy support of what they cover for 3/4G dongles here in Australia. I have been trying to explain to them that the ones listed that are compatible in Australia are mostly old ones that don't even exists in shops any more.
Considering they are selling this device as a fail over to mobile internet devices and such buying it for that reason I have been disappointed that for every device that is available for Vodafone here is not supported by Asus. There is 3 devices here eg R208 R210 models but none are compatible. Asus response is if youre lucky one day there might be support. I admit that there is a lot of devices but if you are selling it as a device that you can use for this purpose then they should be motivated to support the newer devices that have been out for 12 months or longer.
So after this rant I am hoping that there is a possibility of seeing some of the Vodafone devices in Australia being supported.
Slav

@Tutenstein:

Did you ever give "USB Adapter: Auto" a try? All my 3G / 4G Dongles (ZTE, Huawei, Noname) I'm currently using are in the meantime satisfactoryly running with that setting...

Ciao
Gerald

@Tutenstein:

Did you ever give "USB Adapter: Auto" a try? All my 3G / 4G Dongles (ZTE, Huawei, Noname) I'm currently using are in the meantime satisfactoryly running with that setting...

Ciao
Gerald

Hi there,

I just checked , I have chosen Australia - Vodafone and the USB ADAPTER is set as "Auto" .

So yeah does not help me :( . Nothing shows up under USB 2 or USB 3 Device on the main page. This is the RT-AC68U I have. It is a shame as where we are we cannot get normal internet only Mobile Internet so was hoping to see it work and would make having everyone connecting easier at home. I did try an old modem from 4 years ago and that worked but its the old technology so itss painfully slow its only 2G LOL.

Any change in 3G/4G support will have to come from Asus, as I have no technical knowledge on how these works, and no way to test any of this either.

extremely weak from Asus

Nevertheless, the Asus is a weak performance. My old TP-Link router (mr3420 35€) has detected all my USB sticks. (Huawei E1820, E372, E392). without Trouble.
Even though I only connected USB modem.
And even with fallback to a cable modem.

FYI - I just retested with a Sierra Wireless, Incorporated AirCard 320U and like my old 180G dongle it is recognised by my ASUS 87u running Merlin's latest Beta Firmware.

The Great news as Merlin's Firmware fixed the issue of Failover / Failback not working. :)

Thanks
Nathan

The Great news as Merlin's Firmware fixed the issue of Failover / Failback not working. :)

Asus did. I didn't touch that code.