What's new

N7700Pro disk Upgrade

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Wishmaster1965

Regular Contributor
My Array was 7x2TB disk using Raid5, I bought 7x6TB Seagate Ironport disks that were listed in the compatibility matrix.

I pulled out one disk at a time until all 6TB disk were installed. Tried to Expand the raid5 array but it give me the error Raid space not enough to expand.

Tried restarting the device to no avail.

As this is a Legacy device Thecus support are no help here so hoping one of you can help ?

I bought an N7700 where I will install the 2T disks , once that's up I can blow the N7700Pro with 6TB disks and set it up the rsync the data back to the newly setup machine

This is flummoxing me,
Setting up 4x6TB disks as raid10 as a master raid gives me 11TB
Setting them up as raid5 gives me 16TB
Adding one more disk still gives me 16TB as raid5
Adding all disks (7) as raid5 cannot get higher than 16TB

The system has be updated to the latest Firmware 5.3.02.8

Any got any ideas ?

IIRC - the 7700pro does EXT3 by default - so there's a volume size limit...

You can always explore XFS or ZFS, as that will allow you to grow the file system out - but that means you will need to backup and restore the data that's in the current array...

IIRC - the 7700pro does EXT3 by default - so there's a volume size limit...

You can always explore XFS or ZFS, as that will allow you to grow the file system out - but that means you will need to backup and restore the data that's in the current array...
Used xfs and shows 33TB , thanks for the assist