What's new

Need help troubleshooting poor Wi-fi connection.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

wifipunk

New Around Here
I am facing a problem where the Wi-fi connection gets degraded over time until it is unusable or even completely lose connection with internet but the Wi-fi signal always arrives strong in my devices, the speed is completely unreliable and most of the time very slow. Changing channel is futile so i just placed it on Auto. Rebooting ASDL modem and Wi-Fi router is most of the time futile.

Recently i've been using some sites that are heavy on web sockets usage, i don't know if it has any relation. Closing them does not provide any immediate relief, but not using them keeps the connection alright. May be all coincidence.

My current Wi-fi router is Asus RT-N300. I always had the same problem with other routers, for at least the first months the connection is perfect as if i were connected to the cable but after some months i start facing the described issue.

All my previous routers were cheap like this current one but they simply work perfectly until not. So i don't know if buying a more expensive router would be of any help.

I know the problem is with the Wi-fi because even accessing its settings interface gets slow and also connecting directly with a cable to the ASDL modem gives me perfect internet connection.

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!