What's new

Netflix Help

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

philwoz98

Occasional Visitor
Hi I am currently running rt n66u - latest Merlin build SDK5. I am having problems with watching Netflix and playing xbox at the same time, every time I am in a live match (Call of duty) I get disconnected from the host when I start up Netflix. I am using QOS and have my xbox set to the highest priority. I guess my main question would be how to setup a QOs rule to limit just Netflix from taking all the bandwidth. I dont know how to differentiate between regular web browsing and netflix seeing they use the same port. Any help would be greatly appreciated

I'm presently running stock .276 on RT-N66U with Qos enabled. I just use the "auto" default Qos settings. I turn it on and then enter my ISP upload and download....and that's it. No additional tinkering. I started netflix on a laptop while simultaneously playing a gameloft live FPS on an ipad mini. Both worked fine.

The only reason that I use Qos is because of VOIP app I've been using/testing on ipad mini.

I guess you could try resetting to defaults and using the default Qos settings.

Are you sure someone isn't booting you off?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QZguNck8J4

Last edited:
Hmm... My main desktop that I use and run the router off of is infected with spyware/virus's I wonder if that could be a potential problem to this situation. And thanks for help, I only have a 320 KB/s DL and 50KB/s upload but I made my netflix account to only stream in medium quality which is relatively low

Your bandwidth is low for OK quality streaming. Having an infected PC on your network probably only makes the problem worse.

You really need 1 - 1.5 Mbps download speed to stream Netflix in SD.

Try to disable HW accelerator. It has caused me lots of problems with wifi dropouts.

Br

Anders

Lan -> Switch Control.

Even though its under the "Lan" function it still has some sort of impact on the Wifi.

As far as I can read on this Forum, nobody knows exactly what this function does b.c. its encrypted from the manufacture.

Never the less I haven't had any slow transfers etc. even though I have disabled it.

Br

Anders