What's new

Netgear Nighthawk AC3200 vs Linksys AC5400 & Using with Verizon service

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

parth1998

New Around Here
I haven't posted here before so I dont know if this is the right place for these questions, if not please let me know and I can move it.

My first questions is: which router is better (disregarding price), the Netgear Nighthawk AC3200 or theLinksys AC5400?

Links for each router are as follows:

Netgear Nighthawk AC3200: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KWHMR6G/?tag=snbforums-20

Linksys AC5400: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017NT8Q24/?tag=snbforums-20

I belive the answer is the Linksys but I would like to confirm.

The second question is using the better of the routers with Verizon. I know there are other posts regarding this but I cannot get a answer that is definite. I currently have Verizon fios for all services. I would like to know how I can use the better of the routers with my current serivce and not loose any of the TV function (I believe I saw this can happen).

I currently have Verizon's Quantum Gateway router, if at all possible I would like to avoid using this or having to buy more equipment (bridges...etc).

My first questions is: which router is better (disregarding price), the Netgear Nighthawk AC3200 or theLinksys AC5400?

so both these routers are tri band and to be honest there are very few ppl that can take advantage of tri band as most dont have any where near the amount of 5 gig devices to warrant buying a tri band over a dual band router

but the

netgear is as follows

1 x 5 gig low band 1300M

1 x 5 gig high band 1300M

1 x 2.4 gig 600M

linksys is

1 x 5 gig low band 2156M

1 x 5 gig high bamd 2156M

1 x 2.4 gig 1000M

the linksys will have a faster cpu and more ram as well

the linksys will prob have a bit better wifi coverage

------------------------

I currently have Verizon's Quantum Gateway router,

so if you need this to run for all those other services you cant bridge it as you would need to run ether of those routers in AP mode or run in wan bypass mode as wifi only

ether of the above however bypass the router functionality , you just disable the wifi in the main router and use the wifi from the new router in ap mode

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!