What's new

Network Montior

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

joeejo

Occasional Visitor
First I want to thank Merlin for this excellent software!

I have read that the current version (378.55 for RT-AC66U) has issues with the network monitoring, and, since my ISP has just implemented data-caps, I was wondering if anyone knows of any other way I can monitor my internet (only) usage? Although they have begun data-caps they do not offer any way to check what your current data usage is (believe it or not), and I don't want any unpleasant surprises.

Thank you

If that is your main concern, you may want to check out the latest Asus firmware releases instead.

https://www.asus.com/ca-en/Networking/RTAC66U/HelpDesk_Download/

The RMerlin 378.55 firmware is behind a few versions already (through no fault of RMerlin, of course) and you may find that the latest Asus firmware may have fixed any shortcomings from last summer.

If that is your main concern, you may want to check out the latest Asus firmware releases instead.

https://www.asus.com/ca-en/Networking/RTAC66U/HelpDesk_Download/

The RMerlin 378.55 firmware is behind a few versions already (through no fault of RMerlin, of course) and you may find that the latest Asus firmware may have fixed any shortcomings from last summer.

Thank for your reply, however I do like many of the other features offered in RMerlin's version, so I would still like to find a way to keep what I have and montior internet usage a different way.

Thank you

Thank you I will give it a try.

See how it works and I just read that RMerlin has the 378.9177 code which means we'll see a new RMerlin release soon too. :)