What's new

Never turn off router?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I have left routers in my garage for a year or 2 and plug them back in and they all still have the same config data. Time for a new router I say. What router are you using now?

the WRT610N had an issue where settings would not be committed to NVRam, so remove power and they would be lost...

I've got a couple of older WRT54G, and a WRT160NL, they're fine, but the WRT610N, when I fire it up for testing, need to start from scratch...

just is... wasn't that bad of a router in the day...

Keeping in mind that the WRT610N was a $200 investment back in 2008 - I would suggest the WRT1900ac, or perhaps the EA8500 - both very capable devices with different strengths if you want to stay within the Linksys brand...
It wasn't 200$ when I bought it... I think i was like $159CAN. I had to buy a new router for my gf office and went with ASUS and liked the interface so I kept this in mind. Lastly I read the Netgear R6400 review which looks like a good enough performer.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!