What's new

New Asus firmware version: 3.0.0.4.360

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

its a known issue since 3.0.0.4-260 up until the recent fw. asus is still working on it. its been months now. some people dont have problems with it, some have issue in online game lagging like hell. or internet slow down. as for me, havent touch asus' fw for a few months now. i have to say i am pleased.

Mount point issue

I'm still experiencing the "sda1 dies and remounts as sdb1" issue with this FW version... I thought
2. Media server related issues when lan subnet change or USB hotplug
fixed that. Now I have to change all 3 "media server dir" config back to "/tmp/opt/../media".
Why can't it mounts at "/tmp/mnt/<uuid>"?

I'm still experiencing the "sda1 dies and remounts as sdb1" issue with this FW version... I thought

fixed that. Now I have to change all 3 "media server dir" config back to "/tmp/opt/../media".
Why can't it mounts at "/tmp/mnt/<uuid>"?

Put a volume label on it, and it should use it while mounting.

What is this?

its a known issue since 3.0.0.4-260 up until the recent fw. asus is still working on it. its been months now. some people dont have problems with it, some have issue in online game lagging like hell. or internet slow down. as for me, havent touch asus' fw for a few months now. i have to say i am pleased.

Hello,

Please note that the "SendBSS2040CoexistMgmtAction( BSSCoexist2040 = 0x6 )" entry in the log is new to the latest version of firmware, but does not seem to affect connectivity or performance from our tests.

Try not to get this entry confused with the MgmtRing error that we are still working on.

Hi, I am using .342 version and lately its been causing some troubles like frequent disconnections, the USB drive won`t work- it worked well for a couple of months, not sure what happened after that. Anyhow, I tried using the "check for updates" button but it showed the current version as the latest one. So I manually uploaded the .trx version, but nothing seems to happen after that. The upload completes without an error however. Am I missing out something here.
Thanks.

I went back to .342. I was having major connectivity issues with wifi printing and my webcam that we use as a baby monitor. No issues prior to .360. I wait to see what comes after this one.

Going back to the custom firmware tonight. This one seems to be giving me random disconnects as well.

Getting the feeling it's time to get a new router

@CL-Jeremy
its has been a while since .360 released
no news for new version ?

i still using .342 which is better than .360

seems like they are focusing more on their flagships and new products. 56u is gonna obsolete pretty soon. just gotta accept that fact.

seems like they are focusing more on their flagships and new products. 56u is gonna obsolete pretty soon. just gotta accept that fact.

Problem is that if they don't support the rt-n56u, then what makes me think that if I buy an another Asus router I won't have a router with major firmware bugs a couple of years downstream? Is that really good enough? Would I buy another Asus router? If it is good enough, it's only because other consumer-level router companies are not doing any better.

though its kinda late, but asus releasing new firmware for RT-N56U (Firmware Version 3.0.0.4.374.130)

※copied from asus download page
ASUS RT-N56U Firmware Version 3.0.0.4.374.130
Fixed:
1. Fixed AiCloud vulnerability related bugs.
2. Underline "_" can now be acceptable in device name and computer name.
3. Hide Broadcast option in PPTP VPN server when it is disabled.
4. Fixed multicast IPTV related issues in PPPoE/PPTP/L2TP connection.
5. Fixed IE related parental control issues.
6. Fixed 3G dongle related issue.
7. Hide ASUS DDNS description when selecting 3rd party service.
8. Fixed script error 'invalid argument on IE'
9. Fixed smart sync JS error
10. Fixed JST time zone issue.
11. Reduced the redundant packets when used 3G/4G dongle as WAN and opened web browser.
12. Fixed the traffic monitor related issues when used 3G/4G dongle as WAN,
13. Fixed client duplicated issue in network map
14. removed modem setting button in AP mode
15. 2.4Ghz compatibility issue for some specific devices

Added:
1. Auto adjust time zone in internet setup wizard process.
2. PPTP VPN server status GUI
3. Recognized .rmvb files as video format in media server.
4. Show more detail information in USB application install process.
5. Unmount all disks with 1-click

IPv6
1. Fixed PPP IPv6 global address retrieval
2. added DHCP-PD option
3. Added LAN DHCPv6 server
4. Added network status GUI.
5. Added option domain name if available

3G/4G dongles
1. Support Yota LTE dongle LU150
2. Support ZTE LTE dongle MF821
3. Support 3G dongle Q110
4. Support Huawei EC306

gonna test this, hope better than last version (.360)

Okay, just tested the new .374_130, and was very disappointed with wireless performance. My Roku in the living room only showed 2 bars for the 2.4GHz. band, and the 5GHz. band didn't make it at even 1 bar. Network Analyzer app on my Android phone confirmed these results.

So I went back to version .342 of the Asus firmware, and 2.4GHz. has 4 bars on the Roku in my living room! The 5GHz. band is listed (only 1 bar, though, used to be 2 bars a while ago, but neither 1 or 2 bars is very useful).

This makes me wonder what's going on? I cleared the nvram when I upgraded to .374_130 (since I last had Padavan's latest firmware on it), and got poor wireless performance. Made NO changes in settings when I downgraded to .342, but got much better wireless performance.

The bottom line is that I'm leaving .342 on this router, be a fool not to...As I said, I'm very disappointed with the wireless performance of .374_130! Maybe others will have better results, but I'm still hoping for better wireless performance in a new Asus firmware release, or at least as good as .342.

Last edited:
Okay, just tested the new .372_130, and was very disappointed with wireless performance. My Roku in the living room only showed 2 bars for the 2.4GHz. band, and the 5GHz. band didn't make it at even 1 bar. Network Analyzer app on my Android phone confirmed these results.

So I went back to version .342 of the Asus firmware, and 2.4GHz. has 4 bars on the Roku in my living room! The 5GHz. band is listed (only 1 bar, though, used to be 2 bars a while ago, but neither 1 or 2 bars is very useful).

This makes me wonder what's going on? I cleared the nvram when I upgraded to .372_130 (since I last had Padavan's latest firmware on it), and got poor wireless performance. Made NO changes in settings when I downgraded to .342, but got much better wireless performance.

The bottom line is that I'm leaving .342 on this router, be a fool not to...As I said, I'm very disappointed with the wireless performance of .372_130! Maybe others will have better results, but I'm still hoping for better wireless performance in a new Asus firmware release, or at least as good as .342.
RogerSC,
I've been reluctant to move past .334 firmware. However, you are using .342, so I'm wondering if it's worth it for me to move to that. It's no longer posted on Asus' web site, so I have no idea what it added/fixed, etc. Should I move up? If so, do you know where I can find the firmware? thanks!

I cleared the nvram when I upgraded to .372_130 (since I last had Padavan's latest firmware on it), and got poor wireless performance.

Just being curious: why didn't you stay with Padavan's latest firmware when you obtain such a bad performance with the stock firmware?

My RT-N56U is running sufficiently fast on both bands using Padavan, and it seems to be stable too as the device is running without flaws for the last 4 or 5 weeks...

Ciao
Gerald

Just being curious: why didn't you stay with Padavan's latest firmware when you obtain such a bad performance with the stock firmware?

My RT-N56U is running sufficiently fast on both bands using Padavan, and it seems to be stable too as the device is running without flaws for the last 4 or 5 weeks...

Ciao
Gerald

Since you ask, I've found the wireless performance better with Asus between Padavan and Asus. I like the stability of Padavan, and the guest network. If the wireless performance was equivalent, I'd stay with Padavan. I like the guest network, etc., but not worth it to me to sacrifice the wireless performance.

So I ended up back on a firmware version that performs and works well for me, .342. The newer versions of Asus firmware have been disappointing, as I mentioned, don't know what could be going on with that.

RogerSC,
I've been reluctant to move past .334 firmware. However, you are using .342, so I'm wondering if it's worth it for me to move to that. It's no longer posted on Asus' web site, so I have no idea what it added/fixed, etc. Should I move up? If so, do you know where I can find the firmware? thanks!

I don't know if it's worthwhile for you to move...I'm only using the routing and wireless functions, and they're working well for me in .342, but that might also be the case in .334, I don't know.

It just depends on what functionality that you're using, and what your reasons for moving forward are. Moving forward takes some effort and always involves risk, so I generally need to be motivated to do that. You never know until you try the next version.

Here is the .342 firmware file, and the md5sum checksum of the firmware file so that you can verify your download:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/45839665/RT-N56U_3.0.0.4_342.trx
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/45839665/RT-N56U_3.0.0.4_342.md5

Last edited:
I don't know if it's worthwhile for you to move...I'm only using the routing and wireless functions, and they're working well for me in .342, but that might also be the case in .334, I don't know.

It just depends on what functionality that you're using, and what your reasons for moving forward are. Moving forward takes some effort and always involves risk, so I generally need to be motivated to do that. You never know until you try the next version.

I'll re-install dropbox and edit this message when I've done so to add a URL for the firmware. So you'll have the choice, should you want to try it.
Gracias! BTW - I'm essentially "vanilla" too, although I do have a printer connected to the router. Turns out the Asus printer SW is quite buggy and I had frequent BSODs until I re-installed the printer using Asus' alternate methodology.

I don't have any problems with .334, so perhaps I shouldn't fix it if it isn't broken!

Gracias! BTW - I'm essentially "vanilla" too, although I do have a printer connected to the router. Turns out the Asus printer SW is quite buggy and I had frequent BSODs until I re-installed the printer using Asus' alternate methodology.

I don't have any problems with .334, so perhaps I shouldn't fix it if it isn't broken!

Okay, that's fine. I'd suggest your grabbing the .trx file, though, if you think that you might want it sometime. I'll be taking it down shortly when I uninstall dropbox again, so tell me if you're done with it please. That'll be one less startup program on my desktop, which is just fine with me *smile*.