What's new

No IPv6 connectivity on RT-AC66, 380.61

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

avelarius

New Around Here
Short description: I'm unable to access ipv6 only servers in the internet, even though I have a native IPv6 address. Ping6 does work between local computers and computer <-> router, however not between computer and internet (tested with ipv6.google.com) or even router and internet (timeout, 100% packet loss). There are no log messages in syslog.log that would help (see pastebin link).

Details:
- ISP is INIT7 Switzerland, FTTH, no bridged modem, only fiber optics <-> ethernet converter
- Native IPv6 (/48 subnet), with DHCP-PD and 1 public IPv4,
- Native IPv6 internet connectivity with Live Linux (!) on Macbook Pro directly hooked up to converter, same for dedicated Linux PC.
- No IPv6 internet connectivity for LAN-connected clients and for directly hooked up Macbook/Mac running OS X!
- Using RT-AC66U running asuswrt-merlin 380.61, resetted manually via rescue mode and restarted several times.
- Also I'm sure it previously worked with asuswrt-merlin (maybe older firmware?) -> flashing old firmwares not supported anymore unfortunately...
- IPv6-test.com and co. report no IPv6 address

Log after starting up Router:

http://pastebin.com/BXKBfdT7

I really don't know what the problem could be? Any hints?

See Screenshot of IPv6 Status page.

ipv6config.jpg

That WAN gateway IP doesn't make sense to me.

Indeed. I checked the routing table and attached it. Is it possible that for some reason the routing table is corrupt or badly configured?

The first address is the WAN interface IPv6 address. The third one is the /48 subnet, the following fe80::ae22.. address is the link local address of the router.

The default addresses resolve to MAC addresses of devices of Ubiquity and VST Technologies. I would bet those are the routers of my ISP. However I noticed that for the three routes, the metric is all the same and only the route, that leads back to fe80::1:1 (standard gateway?).

Is there something that went wrong with the autoconfig? Or is DHCP-PD to blame?

routing6.png

Can't say, I'm not an expert on IPv6. I would expect the gateway to be what is automatically provided by your ISP.

(fe80:,Wan ipv6 Gateway, means zero IPv6 connectivity and not standard gateway,and like merlin said, its provided by your isp
I dont see in your troubleshooting when you reset your modem,box or the thing giving you internet.(Im not an expert in fiber :D )

One of my friend got a similar problem with his fiber connection.
Probleme was .... MAC adress of his main PC was cloned in the WAN section(clone mac adress). Removing the MAC adress, he rebooted everything(modem,router), ipv6 solved

Thanks for the tip with the MAC cloning! I checked all the MAC addresses, but i haven't found cloned addresses in the network. Yes I think for some reason the router is not able to receive the correct WAN-Gateway?
Concerning your remark about fiber: There is no modem, as I have Fiber to the Home (FTTH). FTTH means that I have a fiber connector in the wall in my flat and the next active equipment on the other side is the infrastructure provider or ISP. The whole control is there. The fiber <-> ethernet converter works on the lowest OSI layer I think, so it's totally transparent to all higher levels.