What's new

"Noise" in the network by a Philips Monitor 272b7qpjeb

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sirmclouis

Regular Contributor
Hey!

I have a Philips Monitor 272b7qpjeb that has de ability to connect to the network through LAN cable so when I connect my computer to the monitor suing USB-C, I get wired internet connection on the laptop instead of Wi-Fi.

It's connected directly to an Asus RT-AC66U-B1 router with Asuswrt-Merlin installed.

However, I just notice that when I disconnect the computer form the USB-C cable, the router just goes nuts and even drop connection from internet and everything. It's just like if the screen were tampering/messing with the router, or making noise.

Any idea of what is going on?

I had the exact same issue with my Landingzone dock. They got an updated driver from Realtek and it solved the issue.
The dock is also USB-C based so I’m guessing it’s a new-ish embedded ethernet product from Realtek and the same one in use in your monitor.
Take a look at the System info and see if it is indeed a Realtek device and then follow up with Philips.

For reference I’m using a MacBook and the fix was RTUNIC v10.0.19.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, I looked it up... first, the model number is 272B7QUPBEB, you quoted the lower spec version without Ethernet.

The answer is... in the user manual!

It specifically tells you to make sure you download the driver.
https://www.download.p4c.philips.com/files/2/272b7qupbeb_00/272b7qupbeb_00_dfu_eng.pdf

Going to the software updates page and looking it does indeed provide the same version I quoted above.
https://www.philips.co.uk/c-p/272B7QUPBEB_00/lcd-monitor-with-usb-c-dock/support

Hey!

Thanks a lot for both answers, they have been really helpful. I'll test this and see if the behavior stops.

Anyhow… I fail to understand how the problem could be the driver if the behavior began when the computer disconnects from the screen. I would understand that I need the driver to properly use this feature of the screen when the computer is connected not when disconnected.

Anyhow, I'll try it and report back.

I felt the same way when I was given the fix, I suspect when the device is loaded the newer driver pushes some bit of config to the device that tells it to shutdown when the host is lost.

I installed it, and then uninstall, because at least on my case it was doing absolutely nothing. I really don't know if I have to go any further since on the manual estate:

Note
Please contact Philips service hotline for Mac address clone tool as necessary.

Anyhow, I my feeling is that instructions are in case the adaptor is not working. In my case was working, but it's when I disconnect from screen that the thing starts to mess around with the router.

I’m really surprised it didn’t fix it for you. I presume you tried rebooting the monitor and computer? And confirmed the computer was definitely using the new driver?

Yeah, I did both.

You don't have any other option, but reboot the computer. At the end of the install is asking you to do so. Regarding the monitor it was quite funny…. I plugged it to the computer and the wired connection was working. Then unplugged what the router was working fine. Next I plug again, and the wired connection wasn't working and I had to turn off and on the monitor. After that, I unplugged and the router when crazy and dropped connection.

I really don't know, but I think it isn't working.

I guess contact Phillips support is all you can do

Yeah! But if I being honest, I have bigger fist to fry right now and I don't really need this. Perhaps is has to do also with I'm using macOS catalina and it's making the thing nuts.

I’m also on Catalina, tho I haven’t actually used the dock ethernet since upgrading so it’s possible the driver doesn’t work on the latest MacOS.