What's new

NS4300N: Rebuilding File System for 5 days now...

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

diggityDawg

Occasional Visitor
I had a problem where my NS4300N RAID wasn't visible in the network. So I shut it down and restarted it, but I still couldn't see it. So I went into the PASM and it showed the yellow mark on the RAID volume. I went into the "File System Management" and clicked the "Rebuild File System" button.

That was 5 days ago. Since then all of the lights for the four drives are solid green. Never seem to flicker or anything, just solid. The status light is also solid green, never changes. The network light blinks a little - it's the only light that shows any change at all. When I log into the PASM and go to File System Management I get the "System Busy, pleast wait..." message (also get it on the shutdown/reboot screen, and several others). If I go to the RAID Management screen the icon for the RAID has the yellow exclamation point on it. RAID Status is "Functional", Action status is "Idle", Background Acitivity is "None". So I'm not sure if it's really doing anything or not...?

I guess my question is, should I just let it go until the FIle System Management screen comes back with something besides "System Busy, pleast wait" message? Should I try to Restore the RAID volume in the RAID Mgmt screen? I do have that option in the screen - I know it's not always available... How many days might this take? I've got four 1TB drives, using RAID-0.

Thanks for your help!

Eddie

Shouldn't take that long to rebuild. It's either locked up or the volume is hosed (or both).

Did you contact Promise support?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!