What's new

[Official Beta] AiMesh beta firmware for RT-AC68U/RT-AC86U/RT-AC5300/RT-AC88U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand that’s where changes should be made, but the node UI can be accessed when you plug an Ethernet cable to it and set a static address on pc Nic.
could you try to reset the Node to default and re add it again ?

Information Updated.
1. Firmware don't need to erase NVRAM, remove Node.

2. The use case in Add new AiMesh Node
Case 1 : AiMesh Router <----> New AiMesh Node
Case 2 : AiMesh Router <----> AiMesh Node <-----> New AiMesh Node

3. No plan for Wired Pairing currently.

4. RT-AC5300 throughput drop in AiProtection enabled and pppoe issue, it's investigating.

5. Telnet supported to sync to AiMesh Node. you can use it.

Re: 1 - Thanks for letting us know that @arthurlien. I assume you are saying no need to remove Nodes or erase NVRAM when upgrading firmware?

Re: 3 - Not the answer I wanted but at least I have an answer! :) I just hope my Nodes never drop off and I have to do the Pairing again once they are in service, it will be quite inconvenient.

Re: 5 - Are you saying you can use Telnet to add Nodes to the AIMesh? If so can you please explain the detail of how we can do this?

StephenH

:)
Sure, I’ll look at it tomorrow. It’s a bit late to start mucking around now :)

That’s the thing about these forums isn’t it ... it’s not immediately clear who is in what time zone ... assume @arthurlien is in Taiwan but ... his location is not listed ... either is yours now I look :)

StephenH

There's a bad default setting in Administration->System.
"DST time zone changes ends" is 1st month instead of 10th month. Fix that by choosing 10 and time will fix few seconds later.

I made the change from 1 to 10, but the time indicated in "system log" continues to be wrong, it is always an hour ahead

Re: 1 - Thanks for letting us know that @arthurlien. I assume you are saying no need to remove Nodes or erase NVRAM when upgrading firmware?

You don't need to remove node and erase NVARM after upgrade AiMesh Router/Node FW.

Re: 3 - Not the answer I wanted but at least I have an answer! :) I just hope my Nodes never drop off and I have to do the Pairing again once they are in service, it will be quite inconvenient.

I know you need the pairing over wired :(:D

Re: 5 - Are you saying you can use Telnet to add Nodes to the AIMesh? If so can you please explain the detail of how we can do this?
StephenH

No, you can't use Telnet to add new Nodes.

I downloaded the latest 19612 from the link in post #1 but when i flashed my AC68s it still reports Firmware Version:9.0.0.4.382_18489

Nevermind.. a reboot on all the routers seemed to have fixed it.

Can you please fix the "Check Update" on the firmware version page? It keeps wanting to load the 3.0.0.4 (non AiMesh) firmware. Anyway to disable the server for the check?

Last edited:
I downloaded the latest 19612 from the link in post #1 but when i flashed my AC68s it still reports Firmware Version:9.0.0.4.382_18489

Nevermind.. a reboot on all the routers seemed to have fixed it.

Can you please fix the "Check Update" on the firmware version page? It keeps wanting to load the 3.0.0.4 (non AiMesh) firmware. Anyway to disable the server for the check?
This is beta FW, not official. It can't update by FW check.

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 ASUS_Z012DA 發送

I know you need the pairing over wired :(:D

Thanks @arthurlien, I’m well known for my subtlety in getting my point across ... :D

No, you can't use Telnet to add new Nodes.

Ok, so what DID you mean by your note 5 since I have failed completely to comprehend? You said:-

5. Telnet supported to sync to AiMesh Node. you can use it.

Come to think of it, a Shell/CLI interface for setting up AIMesh might work well for advanced situations, including where wired connections are already in place?

Thanks again for your work and making this Beta available for us all!

StephenH

Thanks @arthurlien, I’m well known for my subtlety in getting my point across ... :D

Ok, so what DID you mean by your note 5 since I have failed completely to comprehend? You said:-

Come to think of it, a Shell/CLI interface for setting up AIMesh might work well for advanced situations, including where wired connections are already in place?

Thanks again for your work and making this Beta available for us all!

StephenH

Note5 : Telnet setting will sync and applied to Nodes.

It's too complicated to configure by Shell/CLI. We don't provide any official guideline for user.

Last edited:
Note5 : Telnet setting will sync and applied to Nodes.

Thanks @arthurlien, understand now! :D
Guest Networks settings to sync and apply across Nodes next? :D:D

StephenH

It's shall do traffic isolation. It's not only settings to sync...[emoji38][emoji38]

I never said it was simple ... :D

StephenH

[emoji28][emoji28][emoji28][emoji28]

Probably a very bad google translation @arthurlien but ... somewhat relevant to the matter at hand.

任何足够先进的技术都难以区分魔法

(Apologies to Arthur C. Clarke)

StephenH

Probably a very bad google translation @arthurlien but ... somewhat relevant to the matter at hand.

任何足够先进的技术都难以区分魔法

(Apologies to Arthur C. Clarke)

StephenH
We are try to make something happen and appreciate any suggestions from all of you.

Thank you everyone[emoji3]

I just confirm with you, you mean you are not locate in Guadalajara, Mexico City and the router is setting back to Guadalajara, Mexico City automatically. is't correct ?
That's correct Arthur. I am in the Central Time Zone with DST settings of 2nd Sunday of March and 2nd Sunday of November. I can't make it a full 24 hours without the main router resetting the time and time zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!