What's new

[Official Release] AiMesh Firmware v3.0.0.4.384.20308 for All Supported Products

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Certainly seems like it at least for this release the 86U which got version 20467 first version is dated 15/3 need to compare changelogs to see what differences are in 20624.

Just tried to download for AC66U-B1 fails with error message , patience required i think.
My AC66U B1 got the update Monday morning. Used the update in the router via web gui. Been stable since!

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk

Anyone know why after auto firmware upgrade, the upgrading process keeps redoing whenever I go to the firmware upgrade web page?

RT-AC66U_B1 with 384-20624 firmware, had rebooted once since firmware upgrade last Monday. Core 2 running at 100% this morning. Sent feedback (may not have made it as web gui locked up). Power cycled, now sems OK. Just reporting issue...

OK, cool. Thank you for clarifying.

I've taken my node offline for the time being. It started dropping my clients pretty regularly, or at least often enough that it was annoying. I'm hoping to reset everything to factory and start over with the next release to see if anything gets better. If not, I'm going to seek alternative methods to extend my range.
can also try repeater mode if range is more important atm while Asus polish up ai-mesh.
havne't used repeater mode for a long time though, so I can't tell how well it works.

can also try repeater mode if range is more important atm while Asus polish up ai-mesh.
havne't used repeater mode for a long time though, so I can't tell how well it works.
Thought about that. Just using 2.4GHz band at the extremes right now, but even that is a bit spotty. The yard is probably crap, but I won't really know for another month or so. Hopefully the next firmware will hit soon and I'll just start from scratch. I also snagged an actual dual band repeater on the cheap, so I have options.

That said, the more I see how things behave on my one router, the more I think the dropped client issue was always there. My monitor for my IP camera has not dropped once since being directly connected to the router. It used to drop at least once every few days on the node. I used to think it was just a shirtty app and/or a piece of crap phone, but now I'm not so sure.

If I turn off wps (because of security issues) will (ai)mesh work well? (it shows me a crazy message, that its effects aimesh)

If I turn off wps (because of security issues) will (ai)mesh work well? (it shows me a crazy message, that its effects aimesh)
WPS needs to be on in order to establish the initial connection between router and mesh node(s), but it can be turned off thereafter.

So when I add a new aimesh node wps should turn on, but after that I can turn off.

Thank you

Other:
What are the future plan supported models? (ac56u, ac87u will get aimesh?)

Is this also the case if you use ethernet backhaul?

I'd say yes, given a node is not a node with any backhaul, wired or wireless, until after it's added to the AiMesh.

OE

Just unboxed a new AC86U today with factory firmware version 3.0.0.4.382.18848

A couple of hours later, lost wifi for less than a minute, and the router is now showing firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.20467

Only router administration performed was setup via Safari and linking the router to the IOS app. Am I missing something that will allow me to disable future auto firmware update?

Just unboxed a new AC86U today with factory firmware version 3.0.0.4.382.18848

A couple of hours later, lost wifi for less than a minute, and the router is now showing firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.20467

Only router administration performed was setup via Safari and linking the router to the IOS app. Am I missing something that will allow me to disable future auto firmware update?

Suspect the app. And make sure it did not enable DDNS and Web access. Me, I would ditch the app.

OE

Exactly. I am deleting the app.

Seriously Asus. An app that makes changes (DDNS and web access) silently is simply wrong whatever the intent of the developers were. I had checked after the auto firmware upgrade and these were turned on (it was off when the router was first configured).

Was very careful with the second router as the first one did the same thing. At that time, was not sure if it was the IOS app or something else. This time, only linked the app to the router and check stuff like wireless settings. Did not go into the check firmware tab on the app. Noticed the 'insights' tab showed on its own there is a new update available.

And the router updated the firmware on its own long after the IOS app was closed (not in background). The update happened as a schedule (you can tell as it started exactly on the next hour).

Was very careful with the second router as the first one did the same thing. At that time, was not sure if it was the IOS app or something else. This time, only linked the app to the router and check stuff like wireless settings. Did not go into the check firmware tab on the app. Noticed the 'insights' tab showed on its own there is a new update available.

And the router updated the firmware on its own long after the IOS app was closed (not in background). The update happened as a schedule (you can tell as it started exactly on the next hour).

That's curious... I've never known ASUS to push upgrades.

OE

That's curious... I've never known ASUS to push upgrades.

OE

Some specific models have automatic upgrades enabled. This includes, as far as I can remember, the RT-AC68A (special Amazon SKU), the RT-AC86U and GT-AC5300.

Some specific models have automatic upgrades enabled. This includes, as far as I can remember, the RT-AC68A (special Amazon SKU), the RT-AC86U and GT-AC5300.
And now with the latest upgrade you can't flash Merlin without going back to a prior Asus. This is a result of FCC lockdown regs. Big brother knows what is best for us?

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk