What's new

on AT&T DSL with large home, which wifi router + adapter?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

4AM, speednet test from my wifi connection is 11msec ping, 5.11mbps download, 0.68mbps upload. at 6PM, 125msec ping, 2.2mbps download, 0.22mbps upload yesterday.

You need to do some trace routing to see where you pickup the high ping times.

That is not true of DSL worldwide.

Depending on where you are, 100Mbps down and 20Mbps up is possible too.
On one twisted-pair copper line that is 1,000 ft. to the DSLAM (which is what I think of, for DSL).

On one twisted-pair copper line that is 1,000 ft. to the DSLAM (which is what I think of, for DSL).

Respectfully, that still isn't true world wide.

4AM, speednet test from my wifi connection is 11msec ping, 5.11mbps download, 0.68mbps upload. at 6PM, 125msec ping, 2.2mbps download, 0.22mbps upload yesterday.
WiFi busyness in your neighborhood (assuming you're not rural), will of course color the speed test results.

Did you trace route out to the net to see where the high ping times are coming from?

I use Googles' DNS server 8.8.8.8. If you trace route to 8.8.8.8 see where the ping times increase. Each hop will have a time associated with it.