What's new

Openvpn

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sonikot

New Around Here
Hello, I want to use openvpn to connect to a VPN service specifically,

my-private-network.com They only have a tutorial for ddwrt openvpn which they only give instructions by script not web interface.

https://www.my-private-network.co.uk/others/dd-wrt/dd-wrt.html

is it possible to use script method to connect to my vpn service with merlins oopenvpn version?

excuse me if i sound retarded, im learning as I go.

Hi, ist not necessary to start openvpn over a script.
The better way is to copy the certs into the fields in the gui and start the openvpn service.

Hi, ist not necessary to start openvpn over a script.
The better way is to copy the certs into the fields in the gui and start the openvpn service.

so how would i get the certs? for my vpn service if they aren't openly available.

thanks, for the heads up had a look through that i guess, i'll give it a try. I dont think i'll be able to do it, but ill give it a go. I guess i need to wait for ddwrt although i really like what merlin has created.

The only tricky part is that your provider uses username/password for authentication instead of a signed cert. Check in this forum, there's another thread for a different OpenVPN provider which also uses username/password for authentication. That should give you a hint as to how to configure your specific provider in Asuswrt-Merlin.