What's new

Overall happiness with Orbi

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ppilot

Regular Contributor
So now that Orbi has been out for about six months, how's everyone's experience been? There seems to be a massive thread on the Netgear forum discussing connectivity issues, but it seems to only be about three users complaining the entire time.

Simply awesome ... and I've tried luma, eero, linksys velop & Google wifi. orbi just blasts powerful wifi throughout a 4800 sq. ft. house!

...but it seems to only be about three users complaining the entire time.

Haha, sooo true!

I've had it for ~5 months now, and I still love it overall. I consistently get full/max speeds from my ISP all over my whole house and exterior.

No ongoing/consistent disconnect issues for me at all (and I use a mix of iOS/mac, Android, and various IoT devices), but if I use wifi-calling on my iPhone and really wander around the house, I admittedly risk a drop... But I'm not convinced that's truly an Orbi issue, and I suspect that's more of a general issue with any mesh-type setup these days, and because it's so preventable, it's not a big concern for me.

I'm confident that Netgear will continue to tweak and improve the firmware, and that's cool.

Definitely a happy Orbi user overall here.

I have had for 4 months and use in AP mode with ASUS RS AC 5300.
House is three floor 4K + and we have great coverage with no issues.
(Comcast 150).

I really like (1) SSID and network stays up and running very consistently.

The 5300 was good, Orbi is better. Better coverage.

I've had the Orbi for about 4 months as well, and it has held up well. Whole house wireless coverage without breaking a sweat *smile*. Been up for 19 days now, since I last took it down to test new firmware on the Netgear R7800. Hasn't let me down.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!