What's new

Overclocking RT-AC87U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

these chips must be rated higher than 800mhz, because a 50% overclock and still stable is insane but I am one of the people on 1200,800 and it is stable. I am guessing they shipped underclocked for thermal reasons.

Pls describe howto overclock ac87u to 1200/800...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

these chips must be rated higher than 800mhz, because a 50% overclock and still stable is insane but I am one of the people on 1200,800 and it is stable. I am guessing they shipped underclocked for thermal reasons.

I have had mine as high as 1400MHz. Even with active cooling though the 5GHz band will sometimes drop its connection with my 2 Linksys WUMC710 media bridges. A simple reboot of the bridges always re-establishes the link but I got tired of it and backed the cpu to 1200MHz. Absolutely no issues at all at this frequency.

ebay... too cheap. lol :)
The $3 fan under my AC87R has been there for over 3 months now. Even if it should die this very second, I will still have gotten my money's worth. And I have 3 spares, all for what you paid for 1 fan. :cool:

So there. :p

The $3 fan under my AC87R has been there for over 3 months now. Even if it should die this very second, I will still have gotten my money's worth. And I have 3 spares, all for what you paid for 1 fan. :cool:

So there. :p

If you're happy with $3 per month (I know... it's still going so far) then you have more money than sense. :)

But, I get you. I'd rather spend a reasonable amount and get something and use it until I don't want to anymore. You'd rather spend a small amount as many times as necessary (it seems).

To each his/her own. :)

Where did you buy yours from?

You can get it from any online store e.g. Amazon, eBay, etc...

I bought mine from a bricks and mortar computer store.

Last edited:
Hi, does anyone know the correct nvram commands to set it back to its stock frequency? My router's temps are very low with my active cooling solution and I've been overclocking it to 1.2GHz for almost a year now. But today I had to restart the router physically for whatever reason. I want to rule out any potential reasons that might cause instabilities... therefore I think it might be a good idea to go back to stock frequencies.

Hi, does anyone know the correct nvram commands to set it back to its stock frequency? My router's temps are very low with my active cooling solution and I've been overclocking it to 1.2GHz for almost a year now. But today I had to restart the router physically for whatever reason. I want to rule out any potential reasons that might cause instabilities... therefore I think it might be a good idea to go back to stock frequencies.
http://www.snbforums.com/threads/overclocking-rt-ac87u.22720/#post-166299

800MHz is for ram, 1GHz is for CPU. What you do not understand ?

haggster that is the command, just substitute the numbers with stock speeds.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!