What's new

Padavan's Custom Firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Not completely sure but I think since upgrading to the latest build about a week ago writing to the external hard disk is not quite right. I've tried to copy a file and although the copy operation appears to have worked the file cannot be seen in the folder. There's plenty of room etc and I've not had issues before. If I repeat the copy operation it asks if I want to overwrite the existing file which I cant see.

When I look at my Music folder on this disk only approx 5% of the folders are shown.

I've also plugged in directly into my Mac and all the files are there and the copy operation works fine.

Last edited:
This f/w saved my day...

I bought this Asus router for a good price to give as away as a present.
I started to install it at home and got nowhere with the Asus f/w or Merlins f/w. Could not even get the initial setup going , the rouetr just hanged.
So my last resort was to to try Padavan's f/w and no problem at all.

I bought this Asus router for a good price to give as away as a present.
I started to install it at home and got nowhere with the Asus f/w or Merlins f/w. Could not even get the initial setup going , the rouetr just hanged.
So my last resort was to to try Padavan's f/w and no problem at all.

No wonder you never got anywhere with my firmware, since it doesn't support the RT-N56U...

Chritsmas so so m

Ok, you got me there - but the problem was the same as the Asus f/w : could not set up the inital setup. The point I tried to say ws that the Padavans f/w
saved me to have the router replaced and I could take it with me to install.
Amother thing is that this happened before Christmas so some months has passed since then.

No wonder you never got anywhere with my firmware, since it doesn't support the RT-N56U...

A RT-N65R is basically a N65U as far as I can tell, haven't looked at the code a whole lot yet. If it is compatible then I should be able to flash it but I might just return the router and get a N66U because I'm getting some wireless issues.

Edited:
The firmware for the N65U works fine on the N65R.

Last edited:
Not completely sure but I think since upgrading to the latest build about a week ago writing to the external hard disk is not quite right. I've tried to copy a file and although the copy operation appears to have worked the file cannot be seen in the folder. There's plenty of room etc and I've not had issues before. If I repeat the copy operation it asks if I want to overwrite the existing file which I cant see.

When I look at my Music folder on this disk only approx 5% of the folders are shown.

I've also plugged in directly into my Mac and all the files are there and the copy operation works fine.

Gone back to RT-N56U_3.4.3.6-064 and the router is now correctly reporting the files on the usb disk.

Hi All,

I have found this forum very helpful. Thank you all.

I have a quick question.

I have enabled access to the WebGUI from the WAN on the router, but can find no option to specify a protocol, like in the original Asus firmware.

I would like to only access the WebGUI over the WAN on HTTPS on a random port, And keep WebGUI access on the LAN over HTTP on port 80.

I know you can specify ports, but this does not change the protocol.

Is this possible to add this feature to the firmware, or is there a config file I can edit on the router to do this manually?

Thanks in advance.

Can you help me with DLNA?

Hi guys can you help me with DLNA (UnPnP)?

Using an alternative firmware for Asus RT-56U (padavan 3.4.3.6) on the ground that the integrated DLNA server in FW Asus me every few tens of minutes dropped. It is stable in padavan, but for a change I do not know how to identify folder the mounted disk from which to pull media.

I try all kinds of ways to change the path (see screenshot) or imitate it in the directory, but nothing I can not, just as no one can find sensible approach to do it. Can you advise?

pd0a.png

As to finding out the path's for your content: in the "USB Application - Network Neighborhood Share" tab, expand the tree(s) for the disks. From there you can see the names of the disk(s) and the directories.

Attached is my setup. You will see two drives "750GB" and "15GB". The 750GB (NTFS) is where I keep all my stuff and the 15GB (ext4) is for the media server files and transmission files.

The "dlna" directory is where I keep the files to share via the media server, in it are "Music", "Pictures", "Videos" directories.

So you would enter the following in the media source files blocks (mind the capitalization):
A,/media/750GB/dlna/Music
V,/media/750GB/dlna/Video
P,/media/750GB/dlna/Pictures

You would enter the appropriate drives/directories for your setup.

Attachments

• pavadan.jpg
    pavadan.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 484
Hi Guz,
Thank you very much i was flustrated about it. I am out now but i will try it as soon as I get home, but believe it will work. Again, thanks a lot!

I have a RT-N56U and 5Ghz seems to be a little flaky. I cannot run Airplay on this frequency without drop outs. I have to run my Airplay devices on the 2.4 Ghz network. I have it running the .342 AsusWRT firmware. I am thinking of switching to Padavan's firmware but am wondering if people are running Airplay on this firmware without issues. Any confirmation is appreciated.

Ive never had any trouble with Airplay and ive been using the Padavan firmware since the old 1.1.x.x-xxx vesions

does airplay work on 5ghz even when you are close to the router? 5ghz has a pretty limited range compared to 2.4.

does airplay work on 5ghz even when you are close to the router? 5ghz has a pretty limited range compared to 2.4.

Please understand that I'm still on Asuswrt. But yes I have Airplay issues on 5ghz when I'm right next to the router. It works at first but if I stop it and try to use it again it will not find the device I'm trying to stream my iPhone to.

I will try Padavan's firmware to see if I have better luck.

Also, make sure all your Apple devices are updated to their latest revisions (firmware and software). Sadly Apple has a history of bugs in their network stacks of not playing well with other (non-Apple) devices.

How's the wireless performance in the 68 release? Has it improved at all? I may just need to try it to find out, but I'd like to try to get some idea before I jump in then have to go back Asus .342 again based on wireless performance.

Thanks.

Update: just checked, wireless on 68 looks okay here, close enough to .342 to stay with 68 for the moment *smile*.

Last edited:
For anyone interested the new 3.4.3.6-069 build finally has SSL support for the webui :p

4zHk2.png

new 3.4.3.6-069 build ?
do you mean 68? or where did you find 69? (I'm still only seeing 68 on the homepage)