What's new

Padavan's Custom Firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

new Version is out:

3.4.3.7-072

changelog:

- Improved performance of wired Ethernet driver (raeth).

I am curious to know what the nature of this change is, as I seem to be getting much better pings and overall better performance, though it could be coincidence or psychology. So far, thumbs way up!

I have the N56U and am having problems with the official FW and letting my 360 access the files(ie movies) on my usb-drive.

I sometimes can see the drive from the System Video Player but most of those times I can't see any files/folders on it, but most times generally I can't even see the drive.

Could this FW be of any help for me?

Has anyone had any problems with the 5GHz dropping off for a few seconds randomly (more so with torrents/transfers)? I tested it by doing a ping on a wired desktop and it did not drop out, so it's definitely the wireless.. This has been going on for the past couple Padavan firmwares, but this newest one seemed to have made the situation worse.

I have the N56U and am having problems with the official FW and letting my 360 access the files(ie movies) on my usb-drive.

I sometimes can see the drive from the System Video Player but most of those times I can't see any files/folders on it, but most times generally I can't even see the drive.

Could this FW be of any help for me?

I had multiple issues with the official firmware including buffering issues with streaming movies from my desktop to the PS3. With this firmware and using Serviio Media Server, I've had no issues with streaming movies.

Definitely give this firmware a shot.

I am curious to know what the nature of this change is, as I seem to be getting much better pings and overall better performance, though it could be coincidence or psychology. So far, thumbs way up!

Are the pings on wireless or wired? How's the wireless performance from previous version?

Everything is solid for me at the moment with the previous version but am eager to upgrade due to the updated kernel and improved wired driver performance.

Are the pings on wireless or wired? How's the wireless performance from previous version?

Everything is solid for me at the moment with the previous version but am eager to upgrade due to the updated kernel and improved wired driver performance.

I have only tested the pings wirelessly, and observed that the performance of my PS3 (wired) has been much better for online games. I will test my wired ping as well, which has always tended to be lower than the wireless, as one would expect.

I have only tested the pings wirelessly, and observed that the performance of my PS3 (wired) has been much better for online games. I will test my wired ping as well, which has always tended to be lower than the wireless, as one would expect.

I feel the same for xbox.

IPv6 internally only?

OK, my ISP (Cox Communications) hasn't implemented IPv6 yet, but everything I have now has IPv6 dual stack, and has IPv6 as it's primary protocol (Win8.1, WinPhone 8, HP printer, etc).

I'm also not very fluent with IPv6, but would like to be, so is there a way to setup the RT-N65U with Pavadan's firmware to have IPv6 as the primary protocol for internal network, but still have IPv4 for external connectivity?

Does this make sense?

Looked at the latest release, -072, and the 5GHz. might be a teeny better, but still only one bar (out of 5) on the Roku in my living room. The RT-N66U is 4 bars there on 5GHz. Should be at least 2 bars to be useful. I keep hoping that they'll get the 5GHz. signal up, but seems like the hardware must be the limiting factor.

So my overall feeling is that unless you're in the same room, using the 5GHz. band is not going to be good with this router.

2.4GHz. is fine, though, really good coverage on that as usual. But 2.4GHz. is pretty crowded around here, all my neighbors use it.

Apologies if this is veering slightly off-topic.

I'm trying to get Entware installed on the N56U, however the instructions mention needing to format a USB drive ext2 or 4. I'm running Mac OS X, which has no native support for the ext filesystem. I have MacFUSE, but it only supports reading ext; I can't format ext disks. Is there any way to get around this without installing VirtualBox/Linux?

On a related topic, is there a way to get networking printing via USB to support the HP LaserJet 1320? I checked the firmware page, however the 1320 is not listed.

I typically install the firmware that is listed as the Full version, but with this new firmware I don't see a Full version listed. Which one should I install? I'm currently on the .068 version of the firmware on my 56U routers.

I'm using a N56U and I'm wondering how to proper setup connecting to my vpn provider via the router so all clients gets behind the vpn?

There's 2 options as i see. First i can configure the WAN to connect to a vpn provider. Tried this and it works. The clients gets behind the vpn ip but i cant choose OpenVPN as protocoll, just PPTP. Is this the correct method for this case?

Second, in latest firmware, theres a vpn client. tried this with PPTP and i get connected (according to the logs). But i dont get the vpn ip at my clients, still the original ip from ISP. Here its an option for OpenVPN but i cant figure out howto add certs etc. Any clue? and howto get my clients to use the vpn Connection when using this option?

Which one of these methods is the one to use for me? Any help plz!

Also, when router is connected via pptp and the clients gets behind the vpn connection i cant connect for example to my works vpn connection. Its like you cant connect to vpn when you are on another vpn already, is this true? How can i solve this?

I also want to connect to the router from outside via vpn server, ssh whatever but its not working either when the router is connected via vpn. Tried everything, like connecting to the ip the router gets from vpn (Reading the logs so i know i use correct) the man adress. Also tried to port forward diffrent ports etc. Want access from outside because of being able to wake computers via lan that is asleep. Any help here?

Last thing, cant get the appletv 3 to connect to 5 ghz band, getting error 3906, but i enter the correct wpa key. I use wpa2 personal with aes. Have ipad, iMac that also use the 5 ghz band without any issues. What to do??

Skickas från min iPad via Tapatalk

change Web ui password

Hi! Does anyone how can i change the password of web UI? I have ssh access and i can change the password with passwd but that password is not working in web interface.
Thanks!
Adrian

Hi! Does anyone how can i change the password of web UI? I have ssh access and i can change the password with passwd but that password is not working in web interface.
Thanks!
Adrian

Seems odd to me. When I login using telnet, I have to use the password for the admin web GUI, but I guess that you could change that using the Linux passwd command. It could be that someone has changed the ssh password away from the web admin GUI password, so you don't know what the web GUI password is anymore?

Anyways, the ultimate solution to this is to reset the router to factory defaults using the router reset button, which also resets the router web admin GUI password to its default, and re-enter your settings manually.

By the way, I don't know if I'm the only person that didn't know about this, but there's a "Common Tips" FAQ for Padavan's Firmware here that looks useful:

https://code.google.com/p/rt-n56u/wiki/CommonTips

Last edited:
Not sure if it's still the case with Padavan, but you might need to change the password in nvram.

Code:
nvram set http_passwd="newpassword"
nvram commit

/bin/tc: not found

how i can find tc ?

RT-N56U
3.4.3.7-072

I didn't understand your message, until I ran the simple_shaper.sh script, and I got the same error. Same model, same firmware version. Does anyone know how to resolve this?